“We used it for a conference with lunch included” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cromore Halt Inn

Cromore Halt Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Portstewart
Belfast, United Kingdom
“We used it for a conference with lunch included”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just under 30 of us needed a venue for a conference, and I am absolutely delighted we chose the Cromore Halt Inn. From first contact right through to paying the final bill we could not have wanted for better. Maureen in reservations was our point of contact and she made the booking process very easy. Having that number for lunch, with all their different dietry needs, posed absolutely no problem. On the day everything which had been requested turned into reality. The food which we had pre-ordered was served up to us in the restaurant by smiling and courteous staff. The delegates commented how tasty the food was and indeed the manner in which it was served. The room we used was extremely comfortable and ideal for power poit and DVD presentationd. I can not fault this venue. Well done to all involved, you made out visit a pleasure.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. It was our pleasure to have your party with us at the Cromore on Saturday. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable conference and I will pass on your kind comments to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you all back to the Cromore in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Glenarm, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is a lovely hotel with really friendly staff and they're so helpful.
The room was lovely, clean and spacious. It seemed to be in the middle of a old to modern transformation..not complaining, it provided the modern requirements although the furniture seemed oldish..still not complaining.
We stayed for one night to get a break away from home at 79pounds for the night, maybe a bit expensive really. =(
We were able to check in then go to Portrush for the afternoon, we then came back for dinner in the bistro, the food was lovely, sauces etc were maybe a bit too fancy with the chicken goujons but still nice. I requested tobacco onions but ended up with battered onion rings but i didnt mind because they were beautiful, the batter was so light and they were just lovely!!
Desserts were beautiful, sundaes were possibly a bit heavy but the pavlova was lovely and covered in strawberrys + strawberry sauce. Although the girl that cleared our table from dinner said she would come back and take our sweet order, but she forgot.
Breakfast in the morning was served in the restaurant, there was only 5 or 6 tables of people but they seemed quite pressured, unorganised and rushed. The restaurant can hold a lot more aswell. We ordered our breakfast which was only boiled and scrambled eggs but 3 other tables who came down after us got their full frys first. hence the unorganised. we got our toast as soon as we ordered our breakfast but by the time we got the eggs it had been cold for quite a while. breakfast is over really early to ie 10am and check out is early too 11am. its probably more of a place for morning people but none the less i would still recommend it and will probably stay there again =]

Room Tip: The hotel is on the main race course of NW200 and therefore its quite a main road, for light sleeper...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I value feedback from all our customers. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Cromore. We pride ourselves on our high standards of food and service. I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing breakfast service and I would like to assure you that this will not happen again. I am glad to hear that you are happy to return to the Cromore and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights at Cromore Halt Inn for the second time in less than a year and enjoyed it very much. As usual the room was large, comfortable, clean and quiet. The breakfasts are fantastic and the staff are great and very helpful. We shall be back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review.
We are delighted that you enjoy staying with us an keep returning to the Cromore.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

had a meal with my husband here last night and i have to say service was very disappointing, came up to the north coast from dublin for the easter and were expecting a nice relaxing meal but the young blonde waitress we had nearly threw our plates on the table and plates were dirty and greasy underneath! the place had no atmosphere all you could hear is noise coming from the plate washers and to top it off one of the kitchen chefs was lead through were we were eating with coming down his face with put my husband of his food. overall poor experience and over priced but food was ok, wont return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
I would like to apologise profusely about your meal experience with us.
We pride ourselves in our high standards of both service and cuisine. We are sorry that on this occasion that the service was not to our usual high standards.
We hope that this will not discourage you from returning to us in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just returned from another few days here. Spacious cosy room which was spotless as was the bathroom. Pure white fluffy towels! Friendly efficient staff. Good breakfast. Small gripe, the bed was cold on the first night but ask at reception for a hot water bottle :-) (I expect the heat hadn't been on long enough as the place wasn't busy.) Always plenty of parking space. Just a few minutes drive to the famous Strand or cliff path for a walk. Short distance from Coleraine (for some retail therapy), Bushmills and Giant's Causeway. Lovely coffee shops in town - most provide daily newspapers and have a fabulous view.

Room Tip: Avoid two rooms at the back overlooking the carpark.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jensen Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night whilst up in Coleraine. I was lured by the good reviews. Late checkin time was a little irritating. When I arrived at 16:00 reception had to check the room was ready. At 16:00!? It was fortunately. The room was neat and generally well apportioned. Fairly spacious by usual standards. Pretty good so far. Then went down to look at the menus for dinner which showed good variety. Staff were very pleasant. Again good. My annoyance primarily came about when I tried to complete work with the wee advertised free wifi. Guess what - free but may have been non-existant! Wifi was logged on but took ages to access sites. I went downstairs to the desktop which was almost as bad too. Then when I asked the receptionist to fix it she said its sometimes slow but she would try and reboot it. As bad as before and she didn't seem too fussed. In frustration I went out to sort my work and sadly didn't eat at the restaurant which looked nice. Waste of time. Then when i asked what time Monday breakfast was I was told 8am. Even with humour I've never heard of any hotel that starts serving breakfast at 8am in the week. Plenty of arguably small complaints but I won't be back here. Sad as I'm sure this place could be pretty okay.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
mark4951, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Cromore Halt. Having investigated the matter of the poor Wifi signal, it was found that the Broadband service was very poor in the local area, Unfortunately this was out of our control and I apologise that it affected your work. The Breakfast service begins at 8am but if an early breakfast is requested we can easily cater for this. We value all customer feedback and hope to welcome you back to the Cromore Halt in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I have just returned home from 2 nights at Cromore Halt. It was excellent. The room was good, comfortable and spacious. The cooked breakfasts were excellent!. Our thoughts that if we were to stay for a third day we couldn't have eaten another one full one. A very full plate, well cooked and presented, it kept us going all day. We ate in the Bistro in the evening and found the food excellent. We have on a number of day visits also used the restaurant for lunch and this too has been excellent. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We have been before and will certainly be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Likestaying
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portstewart
The Anchorage Inn
#4 of 8 in Portrush
Bayview Hotel
Bayview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae

Been to Cromore Halt Inn? Share your experiences!