“Excellent value for money restaurant”
Review of Cromore Restaurant

Cromore Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 42 Restaurants in Portstewart
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant twice in the past 4 weeks and the food was excellent on both occasions. We ate in the bistro each time and the choice of dishes on offer was very good. The Basque chicken (char grilled supreme of chicken, mozzarella cheese, roasted vegetables with a balsamic and red wine reduction) is excellent especially with the champ. Creme brulee for dessert was also excellent. This restaurant is highly recommended and is good value for money. I hope to return in the near future.

CarolL416, Manager at Cromore Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write your kind review.
Customer feedback is very important to us as it helps us improve and maintain high standards.
We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your meal experience with us at the Cromore.
We strive to provide excellent service and cuisine and we are happy that you keep returning and
will look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Went for a family meal with three generations. Staff friendly and helpful and menu not bad! Good choice of food for kids also. Surprised it was so quiet on a bank holiday when everywhere else was full. Had to chase up some side orders as food getting cold waiting on them. No salad dressing or veg on the plate when dishes arrived. Good portions of chips, mash and baby boiled potatoes.
Food not bad although pavlova was meringue nests filled with cream and fruit - not the same as pavlova!

Marked down as one of the dishes came with a hair - yes a hair. Waitress was very apologetic and offered an alternative but my son was put off. She said she would get the meal deducted from the bill and apologised directly to my son which was a nice gesture. After 10 minutes manageress (I presume) arrived and started to question us - why didn't we say something, why didn't we want something else to eat and then asked about what the hair was like. She then started to say it wasn't a hair and from the fryer! It was a hair! Said she would deduct the meal from the bill.

When the bill was paid by our visitor from Australia as we were ready to leave the waiter informed him he had forgotten to deduct the meal and apologised. Our visitor was embarrassed and said to add it to the tip for the staff and was thanked for this. Hmmmmm - not what was expected. Will rethink returning -unforgivable really.

CarolL416, Manager at Cromore Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We value feedback from all our customers.
I would like to apologise profusely for the unsatisfactory meal experience with us.
At Cromore we pride ourselves in our high standards of cuisine and service and unfortunately on this occasion our high standards were not met.
We hope that this will not discourage you from returning to the Cromore in the future.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I called in for a quick meal on a Sunday evening. We were only looking for a main course, so my wife had the cajun chicken burger, with goats cheese and balsamic dressing and caramelised onions, while I had the chicken goujons. Both were lovely, particularly the chicken burger, Next time round, I would choose it! Service was good, although a little slow...I think a extra member of staff would have helped. All in all, I'd be happy to return.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I took my mum to the Cromore for a meal recently and we both had a very enjoyable meal. The Stufffed pork loin was accomplished as was the vegetable Kashmiri curry. Very nice atmosphere and well priced. Will definitely be tempted back soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Its a little out of town, really about half-way between Portrush and Portstewart, and on the site of an old railway station (Cromore Halt)
It has a much more formal atmosphere than many eateries in the area, and features mostly traditional fare. The quality of service and food are impeccable. Dress code of the clientele is high, it 's a place you have to set out to go to, so everyone makes an effort!
Despite what seems a totally rural setting , it's only about three miles in each direction from three large and fairly affluent towns, so very accessible, and by local standards relatively expensive.
IBooking would be essential, and well worthwhile. Treat someone for their special occasion.

1  Thank Freddie1955