“What a Great Place!”
Review of Arlington House

Arlington House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portstewart
Arlington House
Ranked #10 of 16 Portstewart B&B and Inns
Alabama
“What a Great Place!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We used this lodging site for day trips across the Causeway Coast. The rooms were well decorated, the breakfasts were outstanding, and the conversations with the owner are something that we'll remember for a long time. This place is a must if you plan to visit Northern Ireland.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

A booking at another local B&B was cancelled at the last minute much to my disappointment, but wow, this was great, a lovely clean and welcoming haven that added great value to my Northern Ireland experience.

I have no hesitation in recommending this as super place to stay, and as a worldwide traveller, I know quality when I see it.

Ray Merrell

Room Tip: 2 rooms have good views, 1 room has a stunning view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Arlington House for 4 nights at the end of May. This was our first time staying in a B&B, and we weren't disappointed. Our stay was absolutely brilliant and we thoroughly enjoyed the welcoming hospitality of Maggie and John.

We stayed in Room with a View, which was a stunning room with superb views and an amazing bathroom! Maggie's breakfasts are incredibly tasty and fresh, and certainly not to be missed! The house is immaculate and has a good wifi signal.

The house is well situated for walks on the beach and is less than a 10 minute walk into town.

Maggie and John could not have been more friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend staying at Arlington House - particularly if you are new to B&B's. We look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed May 2013
Ashburn, VA
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Outstanding accomodations and the full Irish breakfast is the best anywhere. The host and hostess are the most accomdating I've ever met. VERY clean and honelike.Would not consider anywhere else in Portstewart!

H. Roman

Room Tip: Great location in a very nice town. View from breakfast roon is exceptional.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fullerton, California
Reviewed September 15, 2012

In late August, early September I was traveling with the Vagabond travel group, the 7day North by Northwest. There was another Vagabond tour that was on a similar route but they were a 5 day. Because of this our group had to split into another B&B. There were two singles and one couple in our split off.

Upon our arrival we were warmly greeted by Maggie who was Irish hospitality personified and I instantly felt "at home". She quickly showed us to our rooms and I never wanted to leave my gorgeous room. It was decorated to reflect the lovely little sea side village we were in. It was so clean and comfortable. It was the BEST bed I had in Ireland. Seriously, the best night of sleep that I got while on tour.

We needed a ride into town (since our erstwhile tour guide Paddy had the Land Rover and was at another B&B) and instead of calling a cab Maggie's husband graciously agreed to drive us. It wasn't far into town but we were pretty fried from hiking and walking all day. After dinner and some pints we were fine walking back to the house.

Breakfast was equally as a good and included fresh berries. It was also quite helpful that they had WIFI, especially since one of our tour members needed to check in with work and I of course being the obsessive compulsive American needed to update my Facebook status.

I highly recommend Maggie's home!!! I would stay there again and know that others will be impressed and glad they stayed there!

Room Tip: Probably book ahead, since we were at the end of the summer Irish travel season and on tour with a c...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
N Ireland
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in August with 2 children and a toddler. This was our first time ever staying in a bed and breakfast and a very high standard has been set.
From my initial contact with the owners I could tell nothing would be a problem. Maggie was able to source a travel cot for the baby and both her and John went out of their way to make our family feel welcome.
We stayed in the garden room which was very clean and comfortable. The kids stayed in the blue room which had 2 single beds, was very clean and comfortable and had a gorgeous view. Both rooms had clean towels, a wardrobe, ensuite with shower and tea/coffee making facilities.
Breakfast consisted of a range of cereals, fresh fruit salad, yogurts, scones, croissants, juice followed by a cooked breakfast of your choice. The food was very tasty,freshly prepared and again nothing was too much trouble when we asked.
The house is ideally located on the outskirts of portstewart. It is within walking distance to strand beach and to town.
The house is very well presented on the exterior with a lovely garden, drive and flower boxes.
We will definitely be returning in the future and have no hesitation in recommending it to family and friends.
Thanks for a great stay x

• Stayed August 2012
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The house - as you approach - looks fairly unassuming. Other than obviously being very well maintained, it does not give any indication as to what awaits inside. However, once inside, the entire place took our breath away. If I were to say it was beautiful would be an understatement. Tastefully and richly decorated, the entrance hall alone was enough to convince us it would be an excellent place. Then we were shown to our room - "A Room With A View". Wow. An immaculate room - again tastefully decorated - it was spotlessly clean and extremely spacious. We stayed during some good weather, and so the view from our room was astounding! We could see the hills and not too far away, there was the beautiful bay. At night, if you get a clear day, the sunset from that room is incredible. As for the host - Maggie was fantastic! A true Irish welcome. And what a beautiful accent! She could not have been a better host! I cannot recommend this B&B highly enough - you'll regret it if you don't visit!

Room Tip: Ask for "A Room With A View". It is beautiful.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portstewart
Cromore Halt Inn
Carnalbanagh House
#8 of 16 in Portstewart
Strand House Bed and Breakfast
Cul Erg Bed and Breakfast Portstewart

Been to Arlington House? Share your experiences!