All reviewssconesportstewart golf clubfreshly squeezed orange juiceincredible hospitalityguinness breadmade us feelon arrivalstar qualitygolf coursefull irish breakfastwarm welcomehome madefirst classold friendswonderful hostsharry's shacksecond to none
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We spent a wonderful weekend at Strand House and it exceeded our expectations from the bed, to the bath, to the breakfast. Oh, the breakfast! There's a great selection to choose from but you MUST try the full Irish breakfast, it really is the best.

The accommodation is more like that of a hotel with excellent facilities and wonderfully hospitable service. Our spacious room was beautifully decorated with a thoroughly modern ensuite, including fluffy robes and slippers.

We loved it - perfect for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EmmaJaneH1
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Arrived early morning after an early flight in between xmas and new year 2011, Ernestine sat us down and made our breakfast which we did'nt expect on our first day. A wonderful place to stay. The room was perfect with a great view, its probably the best Guest House we have stayed in. Thank you Ernestine and Tom for making us most welcome.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sanstravels
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Excellent from the hospitality to the breakfast, Ernestine and Tom fantastic, could not have wished to stay at a better place,

Room Tip: Cater for your every need
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz T
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I spent two nights at Strand House between Christmas and New Years 2011. Ernestine and Tom looked after me wonderfully, and I could not have asked for anything more.

There's not much more I can add to what everyone else has already said. The room was extremely comfortable (and very tastefully decorated, as was the whole house), with everything you could possibly need, the breakfast was incredible, and I only wish I could have stayed longer!

I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Lizzie D
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I stayed at The Strand with my husband in September 2010...we loved it! This past September I traveled with my 90 year old father...again, we loved it!Ernestine and Tom have the uncanny ability to make us feel like well-loved family! It was my father's favorite place of our one week tour of North and West Ireland.
Also...the glowing description of The Strand in Tom Coyne's book "A Course Called Ireland" made us feel like we were members of the Irish Cognoscenti!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family