Strand House Bed and Breakfast
$99
The Anchorage Inn(Portstewart)
$89
  • Breakfast included
Inn on the Coast(Portrush)(Great Value!)
$106
$93
$128
$132
$128
Hotels.com
$150
  • Restaurant
The Port Hotel(Portrush)(Great Value!)
$88
  • Restaurant
GolfLinks Hotel(Portrush)
$97
All reviewssconesportstewart golf clubmade us feelstar qualityguinness breadfreshly squeezed orange juiceincredible hospitalityon arrivalgolf coursea stones throwfull irish breakfasthome madewarm welcomewonderful hostsroyal portrushharry's shackold friends
Reviewed May 17, 2011

5 days ago I booked a double room in the Strand through Hotels.com, for the coming weekend. They left me a voice mail 3 days ago informing me that they were overbooked and that there had been a mistake with the booking and a second voicemail yesterday. Due to a problem with my phone, I only received the voice mails today. I immediately called hotels.com, who said that they had had no contact from the hotel and as far as they were concerned, the booking still stood.
I then called the Strand myself and was talking to an extremely unpleasant and rude lady. Firstly, she shouted down the phone at me and told me that she had rang me a week ago to inform me (impossible as I only made the booking 5 days ago). I informed her that hotels.com had told me that they had received no notification from her and could she please contact them. She told me that my booking was with expedia (even though I tried to argue with her that it was with hotels.com, cue more rudeness and aggression), she had emailed them and as far as she was concerned, it was nothing to do with her.
Whether it's anything to do with her at this stage is not the case as far as I'm concerned, I would just never expect to be spoken to like the way she spoke to me and I would under no circumstances like to have to deal with her again, let alone stay in an establishment run by her.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
13  Thank solomonandjessie
Reviewed May 17, 2011

The Strand House is a top quality B&B. The facility is new, fashionably modern and very well appointed. Mr and Mrs McKeever are both gracious and very very accomodating to the needs of their guests. The "Full Irish Breakfast" which began with fresh squeezed orange juice was as good or better than any had during my visit to Ireland....highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank BelfastMartin
Reviewed May 7, 2011

The Strand House B&B was a clean, relaxing, and quite place to stay while visiting my daughter in the Coleraine area. The host and hostess were very friendly and helpful, and breakfast was quite tasty!
I will definitely stay here again when returning to the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeff2841
Reviewed May 6, 2011

My husband and I spent two nights at Strand House over the Easter break and I cannot recommend it enough.
Ernstine and Tom were very welcoming and took every care to make our stay enjoyable. They also provided us with some top tips on where to eat and recommended a lovely coastal walk into the town of Portstewart. Breakfast is a real treat, home cooking at its finest and our bedroom, Room 4, was very comfortable with a custom made bed to die for! All in all a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ecotoal
Reviewed May 3, 2011

A warm welcome, a sound sleep and a great breakfast (fresh orange juice and fresh fruit salad): what better way to start your day.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo