“.”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Tamara P
“.”
Reviewed August 28, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Had a lovely stay in this house. The house was clean and comfortable and had all amenities needed. The WiFi worked well during our stay. Hot water is by means of a water heater except for showers which are electric. The area is quiet and not far from the centre of Portstewart. Very convenient for exploring the Causeway Coast. I would happily stay again.

aftatum
Memphis, Tennessee
“Very good but do ask some important questions”
Reviewed August 17, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Having a two week break from the Pigeye Jackson tour found this rental and it's in a quiet hood which is normally occupied by students except for the summer. Since I don't drive, it is about a half mile walk to buses which connect well and frequently enough, but for drivers it's superb. The interior is well-designed and decorated. The beds are comfy and there is some sound from the wooden floors but not unless you're a cranky sleeper such as yours truly. Nice patio area with some privacy but bear in mind it is a full-fledged residential area about 2.5 miles from downtown Portstewart. Truth in advertising is so important, no matter the intention behind the effort. Brian had stated in the promo that wifi was available and it was not because of BT's inability to function properly just like ATT in the US. Wifi is essential to me since I tend to remain flexible and not book too far in advance. At one point I was chatting with BT myself and saw first hand the immense problems they have in their communications. Just like ATT. Both are probably worse than dealing with US and UK national governments. While I'm sympathetic with Brian's troubles with them the lesson here is simple: don't advertise you have wifi when you don't have it. Granted there were miscommunicatons mostly on BT's part to Brian which promised set up by two days before arrival, it didn't happen because of their bureaucracy--to convoluted to portray here. Problems with the back sliding door to the patio--it was virtually stuck and Brian was nice enough to come and ease that situation. He's a nice fellow. Problems with fridge having some mold but I cleaned it out upon arrival. Problems with water heater being off--always a mystery to non-Europeans and even after all these years I get confused--maybe this one was my fault but students had left the place vacant for awhile before arrival. In anticipation of wifi solution I decided to stay an extra week, but wifi never was set up properly even though the device arrived at end of first week. It was faulty and never worked. A utility meter was set up during the beginning of the first week and I was there to receive it. I thought it was simply a non-reader electric meter as we have in US but it was a monitor for utility use and cut off if usage exceeded paid up. Power went off Monday and had to go fetch a card for more usage--15 pounds. Utility costs were not advertised as part of renter responsaiblity. Brian assured he would reimburse but so far nothing in the mail. It's not the amount, it's the principle. So, in spite of the relative quiet, the location and excellent interior and roominess--I should add, do ask questions as to wifi, electrics usage and unit preparation. Brian is not a local and it requires much time and effort on his part-- but the unit wasn't quite as advertised. Had it been someone less dependent on wifi, it would have been less of an issue. Utility usage is something which renters should know. I hope I do get reimbursed. It would make me feel somewhat better. I did enjoy most of the stay but there was some frustration as one can imagine.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing