“Choice”

Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Limavady
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Long established restaurant managed by husband & wife team ,Stanley & Maria ,offering seasonal local produce in a relaxed & informal setting with a menu choice to suit all.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

On a bus tour I eagerly looked forward to lunch here but after enjoying the soup I was disappointed to find I didn't have a choice when it came to main course , neither my friend or I liked fish I felt I was quite rudely dismissed when I asked if there was an alternative . I didn't see the point of giving us a menu at no time booking this trip was I told it was a set menu.

5  Thank Patricia C
limetreelimavady, Owner at The Lime Tree Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

The choice offered to you is what the tour company had chosen. Some of the group had contacted us prior to arrival as they had special dietary requirements which we catered for. We were unable to offer alternatives on the day as nothing had been prepared & we were restricted on time as there was a fixed departure time.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Birthday meal. There was an offer of 3 course meal which looked a lovely menu. Food was disappointing but not dreadful. There was only two other tables occupied so the ambience was not good. Staff were pleasant and the price was fine but it just lacked that special quality I was looking for. Will I go back? Unfortunately not. There are better places to eat in Limavady.

6  Thank Mise17
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic meal here. The food was very tasty & very well presented. We ate off the early bird menu which had plenty of options & reasonably priced. Personal service in an attractive restuarant would highly recommend :-)

Reviewed July 10, 2013

On a ten-day visit back to my homeland I had the great pleasure of dining at the Lime Tree. It was the best dinner of my time in Ireland. The husband (chef) and wife (front of-house) are a great team: the welcome was warm, the service was very efficient and the food was excellent. I was a very happy punter!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our last night in Northern Ireland and a fortuitous read of the recommendations in our accommodation brought us the 14 miles or so to Limavady and The Lime Tree. We were not at all disappointed: it was the best meal of the week. Everything was cooked to perfection, served piping hot and promptly, though not with any sense of rush - both the chef and the waitress (husband and wife) spent time with us in relaxed conversation. In terms of value, we went for the Early Bird menu but felt no sense of compromise: although a 'limited' range, there was plenty of choice and the quality and presentation were first-rate.

We will certainly aim to return if and when we come back to the Province.