“Decent lodging if you're unfamiliar with the region”
Review of Drummond Hotel

Drummond Hotel
and 1 more site!
Drummond Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Limavady B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

After a long drive through unfamiliar countryside we were pleased to finally find a good hotel at a reasonable price. The facility and furniture is all quite old and somewhat cluttered, but the service was fantastic. Hotel and restaurant staff are very friendly. The food in the restaurant was ok and also reasonably priced. Not a desired destination if you're traveling from afar, but a handy spot if you're in a jamb.

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for Drummond Hotel

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had an absolutely lovely stay at The Drummond in October of 2012. My mother, sister and myself were doing a driving trip around Ireland and made our way towards the Antrim coast from Galway. We started to become very tired and we found The Drummond. The receptionist was really nice to us and offered us a room on the spot. When we got to our room, the television was not working so we called the front desk. The man working (I can't recall his name as it was so long ago) came up right away, and upon my mother asking if the hotel had vending machines, offered to bring us some snacks as we were famished. The man came back with the most amazing cake and toast for us. He was beyond kind.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, as the service was excellent and breakfast the next day was great too!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

It has been nearly six years since our previous visit to the Drummond and my review of that time. We found the staff very welcoming, food good and a comfortable room so the standard has been upheld over the period. One or two minor areas of 'tired' bathroom fixtures but on the whole excellent.

Room Tip: Our (double) room no. 320 on this visit was slightly larger than previously and had a nice view. Re...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The staff were very pleasant and helpful, the hotel is very comfortable and clean. The breakfasts were very nice and when we had dinner there that was also very good. The room we had was quite spacious, which is good, and very clean, which is even more important. The dining room is comfortable and there is a good bar. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Petee17
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Found ourselves working in Limavady in early December (10-13th), and used the Drummond Hotel just outside Limavady in Ballykelly, rooms 310/312.

A very nice manor house style hotel which I'm guessing is family run based on the large family portrait in reception, the Drummond has spacious reception rooms and lounges, a nice sized restaurant and a even better Bistro bar.

Room 312 was easily accessible by lift, adequately decorated and fitted, everything in good order - on the first night there was a problem with hot water, which was promptly fixed and we had STEAMING water for the rest of our stay.

Wifi throughout most of the hotel, but a very weak signal in some areas, and sometimes you could connect to the wireless router but not to the internet. More than myself experiencing this problem, very intermittent and probably needs some attention.

A very cold week during our stay, we were greeted with wood fires each night in the lounges, and excellent food at reasonable prices in the bistro.

My first stay in Northern Ireland, what impressed me most of all was the excellent welcome and service from EVERY member of staff, nothing was too much trouble, and breakfast was quite pleasant with buffet style supplemented with a number of other items cooked to order.

Experienced our first Irish wedding while there, and I know that in the UK, ordinary guests mixing with wedding guests might be frowned upon - here, we happily sat in the bar amongst the wedding guests while they waited for their evening room to be prepared and I was only slightly disappointed that we weren't invited to the evening function!

Apparently quite close to the Giant's causeway (at least so the signage said out on the road) and I have to say that I would quite happily return to the Drummond without hesitation should I ever visit this area for recreational purposes.

Well done to the Drummond Hotel, and a Merry Christmas to you all.

Room Tip: I don't know if there are any particularly better rooms - 310/312 was in a small annex of the ma...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WTMEUK
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My partner had to undergo surgery at the NW Independant Hospital which is opposite the Drummond Hotel and as she had an early date for theatre we travelled up from Newtownards the night before.The allocated room was spacious and the bathroom would do credit to a 4 star hotel. Unable to eat the morning before her surgery I ate alone and had the cooked breakfast which was perfect. Following her surgery we checked in for a further night complete with an evening meal. Overall the staff were fantastic, friendly and sympathetic to our situation (my partner was feeling the effects of the anesthetic). The food was first class and the room was clean and comfortable. If we had to undergo a similar procedure in the future or indeed if we were in the area in the future we would have no hesitation in recommendind the Drummond Hotel as a place to stay,

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jmcdrennan
Reviewed December 13, 2012

had booked for three nights in a single room from the 1012/12 as my wife
was in hospital across the road,she was expected to be in until the 12/12/12,butwas told she could go home on the tuesday as i had paid deposit for three nights and only stayed one
they were intilted to charge the full amount but only charged for one, VERY FAIR hotel is very clean and staff more than helpfull breakfast was good and plenty of it go on give it a go rate 10/10

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank bluebear83
Also consider these accommodations in or near Limavady
Redcastle Hotel
Lodge Hotel
Lodge Hotel
#2 of 5 in Coleraine
Beech Hill Country House Hotel

Been to Drummond Hotel? Share your experiences!