“Excellent meeting point but in need of some refurbishment.”

Hunters Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #17 of 35 Restaurants in Limavady
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our group meets here regularly for coffee and a chat plus some fancies of course!

Great location and staff are very welcoming and helpful. The premises however could benefit from a makeover.

2  Thank cjcraigLimavady

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Was recommended by a local woman that we'd get a good lunch here but unfortunately that wasn't the case. It took ages to actually order a sandwhich was was somewhat bland and tastless. It was toasted and over toasted. The smoothie I had was essentally milk and blueberry syrup so sickly sweet and more like a milkshake then a smoothie. It was horribly over priced and I was refused a receipt when I asked for one. I was with two colleagues and there wasn't a table for us so we were sat at two tables that coudln't be pulled together so I felt like I was shouting to even join in the conversation. I was dark and weirdly arranged with barriers on the larger tables to allow for two groups of two but wasn't then suitable for us to sit at. I wouldn't go back, I'd rather have McDonalds.

8  Thank Hellie B
Reviewed May 2, 2014

As I was about to write a review of a our experiences in restaurants and hotels in Venice I looked up some of the Limavady reviews for interest, and was amazed to find the negative comments about Hunter's "Oven Door" as it is called locally. Even before we moved to Limavady we were tipped off about the friendly staff and standard of food at lunch time. Granted the decor has not changed but the locals like it, as evidenced by the full house on a Saturday morning when I relax with papers, the staff are universally helpful and the food freshly prepared and traditional. Walk 100 yards up the street and see where Jane Ross wrote down the tune of "Danny Boy"; sometimes it's good to be traditional.

1  Thank heartyeater2014
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The staff in the bakery outlet were so unpleasant that my wife wrote to the manager last year but never received an acknowledgement. I write this solely on the terrible experiences i have endured on Saturday mornings at bakery outlet. I have never encountered such a surly unwelcoming group. They never smile or greet customers and we are there on sufferance. The pastries are delicious but expensive; so come on, there is definitely an opening for an outlet bakery in Limavady. The ironic thing is that the standard of service in shops in Limavady usually exude friendliness and helpfulness. Can't understand how this business survives!!

22  Thank limavadypride
Reviewed December 20, 2013

On both recent visits I have asked for my latte to be topped up as was 1/2 froth only! Staff grunted at my request, never experienced such rudeness. Limavady needs'Ground Coffee Bar' for a truly great coffee experience!

15  Thank Cassieni