We stayed here for one night as we were attending a family wedding in the hotel. The room itself was excellent and spacious, easily accommodating three children (aged 9, 5 and 1). We also enjoyed the pool but did not explore the grounds as the weather was so bad that weekend.
Unfortunately it was the reception staff that put a dampner on our stay. As wedding guests are greeted and served refreshments in the main hotel reception area there is an inevitable mingling of wedding and non wedding guests. We did not mind this on the day of the wedding however the following day we had planned to check out and then remain at the resort for a few hours to enjoy the facilities - as we were encouraged to so the previous day. After a swim we sat in the foyer and when the bar opened at noon ordered food for the children. Cleaners were hoovering around us and that day's wedding was being set up. The staff were at this point quite unfriendly and treated us like we were an inconvenience. One receptionist in particular kept tutting as guests sat on sofas after she had plumped cushions and rolled her eyes when we requested teas and coffees. She even went as far to tell one of the cleaning staff she was tempted to throw us all out if we didn't leave soon. I was angered by this comment having spent a lot of money in the hotel and felt very unwelcome. Obviously the welcome lasts only as long as the wedding you are attending. I was glad to be heading home rather than staying an extra night as had been our original plan. I will not be back and will not be telling my friends who are getting married to consider this hotel. Very average!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Roe Park Resort – one of Northern Ireland's premiere golf and spa resorts. Overlooking its own stunning 18 hole golf course and set amidst the gorgeous surroundings of the Roe Valley Country Park, this 4 star luxury hotel boasts 118 stylish en suite rooms that blend the charm of a country house estate with the modern luxuries and conveniences you'd expect from a 4-star luxury hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Roe Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roe Park Hotel Limavady
- Radisson Hotel Limavady
- Radisson Limavady
- Radisson Sas Roe Park Hotel
- Limavady Radisson
- Radisson Roe Park
- Roe Park Resort Limavady, Northern Ireland