“Excellent!!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Limavady
Armagh, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was booked into this hotel as a surprise for my 30th birthday. From the moment we arrived until we left my husband and i could not fault the hotel or its facilities. The staff on reception were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We ate in the Coach House Restaurant on Saturday night and although it was very busy the staff were polite and friendly and we were seated very quickly.

We had arranged a late check out which was great and no bother at all. The choice of food at breakfast was fantastic i don't think we have ever stayed in a hotel with such a varied breakfast menu. I am pregnant and therefore couldn't eat the soft yoked eggs on offer, i asked a member of staff would it be possible to get 2 hard boiled eggs this was no trouble at all.

We will definitely make a return visit to the hotel during the summer when we can make full use of the beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Roe_Park_Resort, Manager at Roe Park Resort, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Happy 30th Birthday Lou and Many thanks for your review.. Im delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at the Roe Park and we look forward to seeing you next time! Staff at Roe Park Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Turkish first
IRELAND
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is our 2nd time to stay in this hotel 8 women all great freinds on an annual get - away breakThis hotel is very watm and comfy food excellent but the staff excelled themselves with service and friendlyness............ nothing was a problem for them ...........some of the girls went to the Spa and found it lovely

Room Tip: all rooms were warm and spacious we had twin rooms which comprised of 1 double and 1 single bed
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Roe_Park_Resort, Manager at Roe Park Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest, Many thanks for your review.. Im delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at the Roe Park and we look forward to seeing you next time! Many Thanks, Staff at Roe Park Resort
N. Ireland
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I first stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in the week before Christmas. First impressions are very important and the staff at reception did not disappoint. The lady receptionist had a pleasant and relaxed (but professional) approach which made registering a pleasure. The room was spacious, bright and very clean. Everywhere in the hotel smelled fresh and looked clean and tidy, very difficult to maintain with the busy time of year.
The Spa was excellent. My wife and I used the pool, steam room and sauna. The pool is particularly good for those who are not confident swimmers as it maintains a reasonable depth throughout.
Over the 2 nights we ate in both of the restaurants. Both presented excellent food and at that time, Greens had a fixed price menu which was good value considering the quality.
The coach House Restaurant proved a little disappointing, however as the staff on that evening were not as attentive as I would have expected. We were pressed for time to go to the theatre and after waiting about 5 minutes I had to get up and search for someone to get my bill.
Greens Restaurant staff showed how it should be done and provided prompt but discreet service.

The 2 night experience was so good that we returned a week later for an unplanned night away, just to unwind. We have also booked to return again in a couple of weeks to complement another visit to a local theatre.
Even in winter, the hotel was warm and comforting. I am looking forward to visiting in the summer when we will be able to take full advantage of the walks in the local country park.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
belfast
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just back from 2 day break at the roe park as usual lovely time ate in coachouse both nights an it was really nice breakfast u cud not fault the had everything u cud ask for an nothing was a trouble to any of the staff cant wait to go back 4 3rd time

Room Tip: We always go for 1st floor walk out an look over the balcony
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gina, Many thanks for your review.. Im delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at the Roe Park and we look forward to seeing you next time! Many Thanks, Staff at Roe Park Resort
Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have just returned from a 3 day spa break at the hotel. As a group of three ladies we booked a family suite which was one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in.With double aspect windows overlooking the golf course a queen bed and two singels, a fridge and tea /coffee facilities, room safe ect we had all you could ask for. Breakfast was self service and offered lots of choice with friendly staff bringing ample piping hot tea / coffee and clearing tables. We spent one evening at the Greens restaurant and had a wonderful time. The food was great and our waiter attentive. Overall we had a fantastic time and will return again.

Room Tip: Bring your own swimming hats as they must be worn in the pool
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valerie, Many thanks for your review.. Im delighted you and your ladies enjoyed your spa break with us at the Roe Park and we look forward to seeing you next time! Many Thanks, Staff at Roe Park Resort
u.k.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have stayed at the Roe Park Resort a few times and find it great each time. The food in the Greens room is lovely but for diabetics there is no desserts to suit, only the same fruit salad that is used at breakfast time. The Coach House serves nice food but the staff seems to consist mainly of part time students and some of them not interested in diners requirements. Id like to suggest Omelets be added to the breakfast menu!. The staff in the main hotel ane lovely and very helpful. Complemntary newspapers are on hand and free internet wi fi. Id return again however, and would recommend it to anyone wanting a nice break.

Room Tip: Ground floors can be noisy on a Saturday night!.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have nothing but praise for the room (spacious, well equipped and tastefully decorated) and facilities, although the heat had been off in our bedroom and it took an age, and an extra fan heater to get the temperature up to an acceptable level. We heard other guests voicing a similar complaint. The staff were friendly and helpful.

On our arrival we had a late lunch in the Coach House bistro - the food was good and reasonable priced. However, as our package included one evening meal, we later dined that evening in Greens restaurant, and that was sadly, a different experience.

The dining room is pleasant and the staff helpful, and the breakfast there are very good, however it was disappointing that the dinner package price exluded a few of the main course dishes - which attracted a supplement - and "sides" (which must be bought separately at £2.50 each).

Trying to stick to a budget, I decided not to splash out the extra on a steak, but to go for the "slow-cooked beef" which was included in the package instead. That was a mistake! I can honestly say that I have never been served a more inedible piece of beef in my life. I was expecting a succulent treat, however it was so over-cooked that dry cream crackers or oatcakes would have been easier to swallow.

Not wishing to make a fuss, I soldiered on until the waitress asked if all was "ok". When I replied that the beef was disappointing, she offered to take it back to the kitchen, but as I didn't want to sit watching my wife eat, then for her to sit watching me, I declined her offer, so she siad she could bring more "sauce" - gravy to you and me! I said that would help, but it didn't really.

A few minutes later she asked after my welfare again. Again, not wishing to make a fuss, I said that I was disppointed, but would press on, which i did, until finally beaten with about 1/3 meat unfinished.

What really annoyed me was when the waitress came to clear the plates she told me she had mentioned in to the chef who apparently replied that it was slow-cooked beef after all, and what did I expect!!! Mistake happen, I know, however one doesn't expect the chef of a 4-star establishment to try to justify serving oatcakes for beef!

We noticed a couple of other diners also sent back the beef unfinished - says it all!

PS. Everything was over-seasoned too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen H
Dear Stephen, I am sincerely disappointed that you were not satisfied with your recent meal in Greens restaurant and it is also disappointing to hear you may not return. We hope that you would reconsider the Roe Park for future short breaks. Kindest Regards, Staff at Roe Park Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Limavady
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
#1 of 11 in Derry
Adelphi Portrush
Adelphi Portrush
#1 of 8 in Portrush

Been to Roe Park Resort? Share your experiences!