“a lovely relaxing break” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Roe Park Resort

Roe Park Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Limavady
N.Ireland
“a lovely relaxing break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel before and we just love it. we now have a baby and find this hotel so family friendly. The service is fantastic and facilities of pool great (didnt get to the spa this time!) The location is great and with the luck of sunshine we were a drive away from nearby Downhill Beach. Food in Coachhouse restaurant was superb and the breakfast was excellent. Cant wait to return!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Roe_Park_Resort, Manager at Roe Park Resort, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Dear Dee, Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit. Best Wishes, Staff at the Roe Park Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Turkish first
Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

My husband and I visited the resort for a short break as we are expecting our first baby. Check in was very fast and more importantly very friendly. We upgraded our room to a Junior Suite and we are very glad we did. We would have upgraded further to a suite, but the pictures on their website were very limited and I wasn't sure what style of room to expect, so spending the extra money felt like a real gamble.

We stayed in room 140 and the view was spectacular. The room came with a lovely massive four poster bed, fridge, Nespresso Machine, bottled water and a DVD player - which my husband was impressed to see, was able to take our USB with some films on it.

Our only disappointment with the room really was that, while the bathroom was large, the bath and shower were combined and the bath itself was very small. I'm not a large lady, but I have bruises on my hip from shifting sidewards whilst in it. Compared to the other 4* hotels I've stayed at this bathroom just really did not compete.

I would definitely suggest you book your treatments at the spa ahead of time as it was fully booked whilst we were there. I had planned to get a massage and manicure, but they were maxxed out. A positive sign I'm sure, but I'll know for next time.

We ate in both the restaurants and were really pleased with the service and quality of both. I would probably return to the Coach House faster as the brasserie style food and casual atmosphere is more to my liking.

Breakfast and check out were very smooth also.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Insomnimum85
Roe_Park_Resort, Manager at Roe Park Resort, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Guest , Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit. Best Wishes, Staff at the Roe Park Resort
Antrim, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

Just spent St Patricks night for a birthday treat and was not disappointed. I have stayed here many times with the children (it's their favourite place to stay) and this was my first without them and since it has changed hands. I booked into the Spa this time for a treatment and thoroughly enjoyed it. As usual the food is excellent. We booked into Greens Restaurant for the first time as when we stay with the children we usually eat in the Coach House for more informal dining. I thoroughly enjoyed the food and the staff were very attentive and pleasant. However, just one wee gripe, being a parent of two boisterous children myself, it would have been nice to have had the peace of the formal dining without any children. There were a couple of families eating in the restaurant and at one stage I could not hear the waitress speaking to me as one of the children was screaming so loudly and some of the children were running about and playing with the breakfast domes on the bain marie (which when banged are very loud). The bedroom was very clean and well stocked - there was also a smell of freshness which was nice. One other wee gripe - 2 single beds put together to make a double. Do not like this. I don't know if the hotel has rooms with specific double beds rather than twins but that would be better. All in all I plan to come back again as it never fails to impress.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Coleraine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

We booked a party of 10 into the spa for a morning. The staff were so friendly and helpful. They were well organised and took 2 x groups of 5 ladies. While we were waiting we had the choice of tea and coffee in the coach house or a swim. The accommodation was fantastic. So inviting. We felt relaxed the minute we arrived. The spa expereince included use of the relaxation rooms before and after treatments, drinks and fruit.
Later we had lunch in the Coach House which was gorgeous. We also had a space for a short presentation. We did not have to move about, our room was private.
We will definitely use this location again for our parent training sessions. It would be great for any corporate event. Many of the participants vowed to go back again with their friends.

Room Tip: We did not stay overnight so cannot comment
1 Thank Geraldine E
Roe_Park_Resort, Manager at Roe Park Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Dear Gearldine, Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit. Best Wishes, Staff at the Roe Park Resort
Strabane, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

I visited the Roe Park on 17th March to celebrate my birthday and my sister-in-laws birthday, once again it was excellent. This is my first visit since it has changed hands and can only say it has got better. The staff as usual were great, and it's really nice to stay in a hotel were they care about everybody and you're not just a number. I have stayed here as a couple, family and with the girls and each time it just gets better. The food in the Greens was amazing, the staff were very attentive and nothing was a bother for them. This was my sister-in-laws first visit to the hotel and she loved it,I booked one of the luxury suites for the end of July(really great value if you want something very special) and can't wait to get down.

Room Tip: if it is for something special ask for the luxury suite, they are amazing and great value.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Roe_Park_Resort, Manager at Roe Park Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review - I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit in July. Also just to confirm, the Roe Park Resort has not 'changed hands' but made the decision to end it's relationship with the Radisson franchise. Ownership, Management, Staff and high standards have all remained the same; the only thing changed is the name.
Best Wishes,
Staff at the Roe Park Resort
BELFAST
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

I visited the Roe Park Resort for a hen weekend Saturday 10th March, to be honest i really didn't have great expectations about the hotel , but I was v pleasanter surprised!
The hotel staff were excellent v friendly and helpful.
The grounds were beautiful, our room was lovely and alot more modern than some of the pictures shown online, the dinner was included in our deal and the food was of a very high standard.
The spa is v reasonably priced , the pool is just ok the changing area could do with being updated .
overall great value for money and well worth a visit .

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Roe_Park_Resort, Manager at Roe Park Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit. Best Wishes, Staff at the Roe Park Resort
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

The Roe valley Resort as it it is now called ( it was part of the Raddison group) is a great place to stay for a short break or to visit the North coast of Ireland. If you just want a couple of lazy relaxing days away then this is the place to go. You have the gym, pool & spa if you want to spoil your self or you can play 18 holes of golf if you feel more energetic!! The staff are very helpful & friendly. The carvey breakfast is excellent & the choice of meals in the coach house is good as well as reasonable for a 4* hotel. I have stayed in this hotel on many occasions & would have no problem in recommending it to others.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Limavady
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
Bishop's Gate Hotel
#1 of 11 in Derry
BEST WESTERN PLUS White Horse Hotel
Beech Hill Country House Hotel

Been to Roe Park Resort? Share your experiences!