WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 7 Limavady B&B and Inns
West Midlands England
“A perfect b and b”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We arrived at Ballycarton Guest House to a warm greeting from Patricia, Henry and their 2 grandchildren. She immediately served us coffee,tea and biscuits to enjoy in their lovely garden. The rooms were spotless and the house is beautiful. We had taken a vintage car over on a trailer for a wedding and this was accommodated perfectly,even as to finding a space for it under cover.The breakfasts were delicious and beautifully presented. Patricia went out of her way to be helpful in every way, without being intrusive. She even phoned and met us when she realised that we had left a laptop behind. All in all it was a fantastic stay and we shall definitely recommend Ballycarton to friends and family. We will also will revisit next time we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Patricia C, Owner at Ballycarton House, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Hi both, thank you for your lovely review.
I am so glad you got the old girl home safely ( you know who I mean!) I was worried you were going to miss the ferry after all the backtracking to get the iPad, would love to see you back here again sometime, maybe for a christening?

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I have so much good to say about this place, Patricia was very friendly and helpful, room was nice, clean and comfortable. Wifi was first class great speeds and reliable. The gardens were lovely and breakfast was excellent for variety and choice. There was one negative point in that the shower in our room was useless, very poor pressure and impossible to regulate temperature, I stay away a lot and a poor shower is a deal breaker for me. I'm the first reviewer not to give them an excellent rating, but I assure you the shower is the only reason, and I'd give them another chance I might just have got the bad room.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Colin Q
Patricia C, Owner at Ballycarton House, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your review.
I am saddened that your recent stay did not completely satisfy you, I'm also a little mystified by your comments about the shower in your room as the room didn't have a shower but had a bath instead!
We have 5 en suite rooms here, 4 of the rooms have dedicated shower cabinets with power showers and 1 room has a bath with mixer taps and shower hose attached for shampooing hair, we keep this room with the bath simply because some guests prefer this arrangement. Having the twin room with the bath is not "a bad room" it is in fact one of the nicest rooms here,( photos on Trip Advisor).
When you were shown into the room you did not express any preference for a room with a shower nor did you mention any problem during your stay or on departure.
Customer relations are important to me in my business and I would really have appreciated it if you had chosen to discuss this "deal breaker" problem with me face to face rather than airing it in this fashion, but I guess that's life!
Could I point out that your original booking was for 3 persons -1 double en suite room ( with power shower) and 1 single occupancy of a twin room ( bath), at the last minute you downsized your booking to 2 persons, cancelling the double room (with power shower) and choosing instead to share the twin room, although this cancellation was last minute at the height of the season I did not charge for the cancelled room although legally entitled to, preferring instead to treat you in a fair manner.
Hebron, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed at Ballycarton House last week. Absolutely everything...without exception was terrific. The house is spotless, beautifully decorated, and very comfortable. Our breakfast was delicious.
Patricia is a super hostess. We highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi "snowmen", thank you for your lovely review,
One of the perks of this job is getting to meet some great people. Hope you had a good journey home.
Gretton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed for three nights with Patricia at the end of June while visiting relatives nearby. The house is set in the country between Limavady and Benone beach and is very tranquil. We were really made to feel at home by Patricia, the room was good and the breakfasts excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this lovely B&B.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia C, Owner at Ballycarton House, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Really appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review, thanks so much, you are most welcome back anytime.
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

A stunning setting, more than matched by the hospitality and facilities. Our party of 4 (2 double rooms) have stayed in the best B&B we have ever encountered...no equal. Patricia provided the perfect stay and the Ulster fry was a real treat for 2 "Exiles"! The rooms are very well appointed and spotlessly clean and the lounge ambience is equivalent to a lottery win. The honesty bar with beverages and drinks is a terrific touch.Thanks a million for a perfect stay and the best recommendation we can offer is that we will be back!

Room Tip: There cannot be any other than GOOD rooms at Ballycarton House.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia C, Owner at Ballycarton House, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Hi all, thank you for your lovely review. I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Haven't won the lottery yet, but if I do you will definitely know cause there will be a great big heated swimming pool in the back garden!
Come back again soon and hopefully bring some swimming togs!!
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

From the moment we arrived until we checked out, we had first class treatment!
mrs craig is a very special host, in the fact that she will go more than the extra mile!
We enjoyed superb comfort, followed by a breakfast fit for a queen.
In the late evening sunshine we relaxed in the glorious gardens just chilling out and revelling in the stunning scenery!
Thank you Patricia for a wonderful weekend we will be seeing you again very soon!

Room Tip: as this is such a secluded location all rooms are quiet with wonderful views
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Patricia C, Owner at Ballycarton House, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your very kind review, hope to see you back here very soon.
co antrim
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in July Patricia was so friendly while waiting for my Daughter to pick me up she rang my room for me to come down for a coffee which i had outside in the beautiful grounds many thanks Patrica

Room Tip: Front of the house
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Patricia C, Owner at Ballycarton House, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Really appreciate that you took the time to write such a kind review.
I love hearing all my guests chatting together and making friends and you were just lovely to everyone, you are most welcome back anytime.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Limavady
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
#1 of 7 in Limavady
Carrick Lodge
Carrick Lodge
#2 of 7 in Limavady

Been to Ballycarton House? Share your experiences!