“Comfortable and quiet and no hassles”
Review of Ballyhenry House

Ballyhenry House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Limavady
Ballyhenry House
Ranked #6 of 7 Limavady B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I went here as I wanted to be quite close to my mother who had just moved into a care home close by. I was told that at the time there would be no breakfast which was prefect for me as I hate schedules. I stayed in one of the top floor rooms, there was a microwave and fridge,and crockery and plates and cutlery. which was great as there was a Tesco close by and I could buy stuff there, Although Michael and his mother didn't have to ,they made sure that my fridge had milk and butter, and Patricia dropped in with freshly baked scones: it was a busy time on the farm, but I was NOT affected by any noise.
I did see the other rooms and as a specialist in Disabled design,I was MOST impressed by the disabled Downstairs apartment. Excellently set up for the disabled. I would recommend this place with anyone disabled, or elderly people in general, it includes a lovely garden ideal for someone that is not able to get around easily. It is a wonderful place to stay and there is a lot of hospitality,

I would strongly recommend this place to others, who just want a nice clean place, nice linens and big fresh towels, and nobody trying to intrude or interfere. I hope to go back there soon,

Room Tip: Be prepared this is a working farm, Michael is often busy, but he does try and make time. As a perso...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank irishmomah
There are newer reviews for Ballyhenry House

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed in the ground floor apartment for two weeks in August. Two bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and a combined kitchen and sitting room, with double doors opening out onto a nice private courtyard, with a nature walk around a field. To get to the apartment you drive into a working farm yard - this is a working farm with the B&B and apartments in addition. However contrary to another reviewer on here, we found it really quiet even though it was a busy time of the year for the farm. Out the front of the apartment in the attractive courtyard it is very tranquil and green, with lots of birds and butterflies, nice to sit out in if the weather is good. We found the apartment very easy to use - it was designed for disabled people, so all on one level, lots of space in bathrooms etc. It is hard to find any downsides, maybe not to do with the flat itself but this part of the world is quite humid so expect fairly humid conditions. Because the flat is designed for disabled people, the worktops are quite low - but remember you get also many benefits because it is designed for disabled people such as the space in the bathrooms. Apart from that hard to find any other faults, maybe a better drying rack for the dishes and also note a quirk that in the two showers cold is marked hot and hot is marked cold! The Kane family seem to be making a real effort to make the farm more eco-friendly, which is great to see, heating with willow wood, windmill for electricity etc. Good to see. I enjoyed an afternoons fishing over in the Roe, a couple of fields away. Go to the freshwater section that is tidal, when the tide has just turned and fish with worms( get the worms and Roe Anglers day license( £20 - bit steep!) at Mitchels in the central car park limavady) - I got three nice sea trout. Lots to do in the area - Roe valley country park, Benone beach, or head over to Greencastle on the ferry in the summer and explore Donegal. Good places to eat in Limavady include the Limetree, good places to drink are Owen's Bar( cosy little rooms but can be crowded at weekends) or Alexander Arms which does sometimes have live music, The Corner Bar is the most lively spot in town. Its a short taxi ride into town. Anyway the apartment really was very nice, quiet yet handy for Limavady and great beaches in area and also great views near by up to the crags of Binevenagh mountain.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dannyboyblue33
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The room was spacious with a comfortable bed. The on suite shower was little disappointing as it was inside the bath and lacked any real power but it did the job. Although I was expecting a cooked breakfast every morning I was told on arrival that this was not possible so I was provided with cereals and a fridge in my room,again disappointed. If I had known of these issues before hand I probably would have chosen elsewhere but because of work commitments I had little choice but to remain.
OK but could have been better.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KPO71
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed here for a night during a tour of NI, the house used to belong to my mothers grandparents and the hostess was really friendly and told her lots of stories about the history of the house and grounds since she'd last been there. The Irish breakfast was cooked to order and was amazing. The hostess even drew us some really helpful maps to help us get about and recommended a restaurant in a nearby town and even booked us a reservation.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with an en-suite bathroom.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We were a party of 9 ranging in age from 11 months to 82 years and we stayed for a 2 night break visiting elderly relatives in Co. Antrim. We had all 4 rooms in the housewhich were beautifully decorated and were laid out to suit our large group - the rooms were 1 double ensuite, 1 single ensuite, and a family siute which consisted of 1 double room with fridge and microwave and a very large ensuite room with king size bed and 1 single bed. There was also a fold out bed available for this room. Breakfast was delicious and Michael and Rosemary were the perfect hosts - very pleasant, friedly and informative but not intrusive. Even though it was a very busy harvesting time on the farm Michael took the time to show my Dad around the farm. The rooms were very quiet and we heard no farm machinary! A lovely place to stay and well located to beautiful beaches at Benone and Downhill and Co. Antrim and the ferry across to Co. Donegal. We'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2010

This is the second time that I have stayed at Ballyhenry: the first was at the B+B, the second in the self catering apartments. Both were warm and comfortable and the surroundings are beautiful. The hosts are friendly and very helpful but completely unobtrusive. I would happily stay here any time I'm at the north coast. I left earlyish in the morning for a business conference but my fiance had a relaxing lie in and got shown around the farm by Michael: you don't get the feeling of being hustled out at all.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2010

During our 3 weeks trip around northern ireland where we enyoed our stays in local b&b's very much and we visited a lot as we moved on every 2 days, this is the first and only one we should not recommend to anyone.
We hoped for another enyoable stay, especially as this farm is so locaded in the country and very rural, but is was EXTREMELY NOISY AND LOUD from early in the morning up til we arrived in the evening, very loud farm machinery noise up till 11 pm !! !! VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING ! ALTHOUGH ROOMS ARE VERY COSY VERY NICELY DECORATED, but this does not make up for all the stress due to all the noise; sadly enough

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fb924570
Also consider these accommodations in or near Limavady
Carrick Lodge
Swanns Bridge Glamping
Swanns Bridge Glamping
#2 of 6 in Limavady
Carrowmena Activity Centre and Glamping

Been to Ballyhenry House? Share your experiences!