“Poor Staff!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Roebuck Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alcester
Roebuck Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Alcester B&B and Inns
midlands
“Poor Staff!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Few of us dined here, had drink in bar first was all female staff a bit cold to be honest. We then was seated in the restaurant which was very quiet for a weekend, was served by several waitress's and had to regular keep asking for drinks.
Food wa ok, not fantastic for the price, just think the staff could be a bit more welcoming cosidering they were very quiet for a weekend night.

2 of us stayed over night, was just ok.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Coventry
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The rooms are nice but small, there were no sockets near a mirror so struggled to get ready. There was no shampoo/conditioner I usually bring my own but forgot so little disappointed. I sound like I am moaning but I could hear someone snoring really loud all night from the next bedroom really strange you can hear actual conversations. On a good note bedroom and bathroom clean we paid £62 but opted out of the breakfast as on a weekend it did not start till 10. We did not eat at The Roebuck but the food did look really nice we had a drink by the fire and with it being snowing was nice. Nice little place I suppose you cannot please everyone but little things count.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tdcoventry
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at the Roebuck In for a few nights whilst working in Birmingham and its really good place to retreat to. The rooms have recently been refurbished so as you’d expect they are all beautifully presented and spotlessly clean, some of them are a little compact but as an overnight stop more than adequate.

The pub has a warm atmosphere and good beer and the food is stunning! I had a fillet steak, medium rare one evening that one of the best I’ve ever eaten and the eggs benedict in the morning was just perfect!!

If ever I’m in the Birmingham area this is where I’ll be staying!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank rob234
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I recently ate here with a group of friends and had a wonderful meal. Lots of choice on the menu and the service was brilliant, there was a great atmosphere and I would most definitely be visiting again very soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Larner1987
Bidford, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just thought I'd share my delightful experience at the Roebuck restaurant. As you enter the premises you are greeted by friendly staff and a roaring fire. The hospitality at the restaurant is excellent with the staff very obliging to cater for all our needs. The food also lived up to its expectations and the menu was abundant with different options. I was so pleased with the evening especially as I had friends come from Birmingham who are use to dinning in plush places such as Solihull, they were also equally impressed with the venue. I would certainly recommend anyone to sample a meal under the conservatory in the restaurant. Many thanks for a quality evening may their be many more to come! Nigel Manning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Brendan M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed over at the Roebuck for a night last week whilst in the area on business. After arriving tired and weary we weren't feeling of making much of our evening, quick feed and bed...not this night!

The staff were electric, very welcoming and at times hilarious. Our meals were great, you can't go wrong with a rare fillet steak and home cut chips. To follow the relaxed bar complete with the customary log fire made for a longer evening than originally planned.

My only beef with this place was that we couldn't stay longer, we will definitely be back. What a find!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Hobbsit
Worcestershire
Reviewed January 23, 2013

As a group of six this is the third time we have eaten here. The premise has been nicely refurbished retaining s bar/lounge area either for pre drinks or even to eat. We have eaten in the conservatory side. Service is very good. Staff ste vrry pleasant snd efficient. If you require something not shown on the menu nothing is a problem. Very nice atmosphere no tv or football. Food really nice and not too expensive. Would we recommend - yes.

• Stayed November 2012
5 Thank Punctilious
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcester
Kings Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broom
Arrow Mill
Arrow Mill
#3 of 8 in Alcester

Been to Roebuck Inn? Share your experiences!