“Fabulous lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Huff Cap

The Huff Cap
Ranked #18 of 40 Restaurants in Alcester
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: THE HUFF CAP IS CLOSED. THANK YOU TO ALL OUR FORMER CUSTOMERS FOR THEIR SUPPORT AND CUSTOM.
oxford
“Fabulous lunch”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Decided to go out for lunch whilst visiting our daughter in Warwick. Bit of a drive out but well worth it. The food was superb.We shared a baked camembert to start and then I had the hake with poached egg and crushed potatoes. Delicious! Cant remember what husband and daughter had but they thoroughly enjoyed it and cleared their plates. A recently new menu I believe, there were several interesting and unusual choices,including pigs cheeks.
The service was very good, friendly and attentive. A bit chilly in the restaurant, but it was a particularly cold day.
Would thoroughly recommend.

• Visited March 2013

Wixford, United Kingdom
“The Mother of Sunday Roasts :o)”

Hello viewers ,
well looky here , myself and the lovely Mrs Naylor had a random "where shall we eat out today moment" and proceeded to drive in any direction LOL , we drove past a lovely looking place and swiftly spun the car round and parked up . A beautiful looking building and was intrigued to see if the beauty continued within , well , yes it did !! The second we opened the door we were greeted with a lovely smiling "hello" and "would you like a table" ? We were taken into the lovely funky settings of the eatery and seated at a table for two.
Firstly the interior is gorgeous , the lighting I want at home and the atmoshere I want to bottle it and sell on ebay , I'd make a fortune :o) .
Secondly , the staff , very smart , very polite , very well spoken, very helpful and very efficient ,
I couldn't find fault to be honest .
Now I'm sure what you viewers really wanna know is .....what about the food ? Well let me tell you , it was only our first time by the way but boy oh boy !! Paula ordered a starter of kindeys, with smoked bacon on brioche and a main of roast beef , the starter was seriously to die for , I had a taste and my mouth literally exploded , how much flavour ? Really really tasty , I reccommend it :o)
The roast beef ,well , I didn't get to taste it :o( She ate the lot and obviously loved every mouthful . I ordered for my starter a salmon fishcake on a bed of spinach topped with a crispy egg and for my main the roast leg of lamb which came with buttered veg , cauliflower cheese , and all the trimmings as so did Paulas main . My starter was very delicate , the egg was a poached egg in a breadcrumb, gorgeous with a nice crisp glass of Sauvignon Blanc ......beautiful !
My roast lamb main was absolutely perfect !! Tender, juicy and not at all fatty , gotta be honest it was flipping lovely , honey roast parsninps , roast potato's , baby carrots and the fluffiest Yorkshire pud !
Unfortunatley we were to full to even sample the delights of the dessert menu but to be honest going by the quality of the starters and main............I'm pretty confident they would've been devine whatever we would have ordered.
This afternoon was a real gem of a find , great atmosphere , lovely food & to be honest I looked around the restaurant and all the diners were smiling , enjoying themselves and all looked very happy , we were even invited by a family to come and join them :o)
We had a lovely chat with the manageress who came over to our table wich was a lovely touch , I complimented the waitor on how lovely the food was and he went and told the the chef , It just seems to me that the blend is just right if you know what i mean . If you don't , get yourself to The Mother Huff Cap and see for yourselves .
Thanks for reading our review and have yourselves a lovely time :o)

Lee :o)

Wixford, United Kingdom
“The Mother of Sunday roasts :o)”

Hello viewers ,
I couldn't find fault to be honest .
Thanks for reading our review and have yourselves a lovely time :o)

Lee :o)

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing....”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Went for lunch last week....it was poor in lots of ways but the absence of any white wine was really the icing on the cake...!

Visited April 2013
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Almost inedible”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Before I start with my review I have to say that my wife pleaded with me to be "pleasant". I have some difficulty with this request, but I will try some generosity. My wife ordered steak and I ordered the liver as a main course. Disappointing would be an understatement. My wife struggled to cut a medium rare steak and the liver was pretty much inedible due to poor trimming and over-cooking of the main ingredient. The vegetables were equally over-cooked, but soggy. Would I ever go back? Not while there are better eateries a few miles down the road at comparable prices! The staff also need some proper front-of-house training. It's not enough to ask customers if everything is alright - not in England - we are either too polite to say what we really think or just don't like making a fuss. If you try the place for yourself expect indifference from both the food and the staff ... and believe it or not I'm being generous when I say it.