“Alcester round table - pub pedal venue”
Review of The Moat House Inn

The Moat House Inn
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Alcester
Cuisines: Pizza, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Moat House Inn will be serving grills, steaks from our wood fired oven and authentic Italian pizzas. And of course, we'll be offering all the other delicious food and drink you've come to expect from a lovely pub
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We chose the moat house as the base for our 39th pub pedal.

Following an enjoyable but rain soaked pedal around Alcester the Moat House not only provided a great value excellent curry for 40 of us but also accommodated our late finish.

Alcester Round Table plan to be back next year for a much larger 40th year pub pedal celebration.

1  Thank Nathan R
There are newer reviews for The Moat House Inn

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Lovely food and great service, first visit and would return again. Nice homely pub with a friendly feel. Great vegetarian options too! Food was very fresh and obviously home made.

Thanks!

1  Thank Becjinder S
Reviewed March 16, 2013

having visited the moat house several years ago and returned this week we were not disappointed. the service was friendly and efficient , the food was superb. i had the mix grill which was a platefull! we will be back when in the area next.

1  Thank wakeyphil
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great good value meal on Friday night finished off with karaoke. We had a really fun night everyone made us feel very welcome, thank you :)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

we have had lots of weddings christenings and never a bad meal,so booked for mothers day and it was like processed meat the veg was hard my mother couldnt eat it my son was starving,my sister in law complained to management but think they was shocked that she had said something,we did have a full refund so we thought we would have a pudding we was given a menu then ignored for 20 mins so left without a pudding will not be back

3  Thank tracey33963
davidbehindthebar, Owner at The Moat House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for your review, I can say that I am not surprised that you chose to review us and I have to apologise that we were slow to take your dessert order and thet your meals weren't checked properly, and then maybe all of this could have been sorted out.

We were, however, surprised by your complaint as we don't get very many and, if you look through our review,s the majority of our five-star reviews are done on Sundays. As I explained to you on Sunday, my surprise was that you said that out of a table of eleven, you said that no one enjoyed their main course. That has never happened here and as such I was very surprised, especially as we served over 170 lunches and had no other complaints from any table. I only asked you what specifically what was wrong with the meal so that we could put it right.

We are very aware that some of our customers are over 50 and as such we take care never to undercook vegetables and we also try and ensure that our meat is always juicy. All our joints are bought fresh from local butchers and carved on site. Nothing is processed. We are sorry about your experience at the Moat. We will learn from this and make sure there is no repeat.