“Better than what the reviews say”

The Stag at Redhill Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 40 Restaurants in Alcester
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

After reading the reviews i was very unsure whether to visit, so i thoughtgo for it. and do you know what i am glad i did. We went for dinner tuesday night. i must say great atomsphere, great service and great food.

The place is fantastic and after reading the comments i think people are being very unfair. yes its just reopened and yes it will have issues but it did not show today. Chris the manager is a pleasent and welcoming chap who deserves some credit for taking on such a great place.

Overall i have to say ot was great and yes we will be definatly returning to the Stag..

There are newer reviews for The Stag at Redhill Restaurant

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My partner & I stopped here for some dinner on Sunday, really wish we hadn't, the stag looks lovely, however the staff completely lets this place down. With a 'cant be bothered' attitude, being completely ignored by staff when trying to ask if there was a specials board, when ordering our food all staff looked at each other as if to say, you do it. Then when a waiter was asked to take my order he simply replied "we'll I don't know what I'm doing I haven't been here for a week" after being told my food choice was sold out I was glared at by 4 members of staff whilst I change my order, needless to say I cancelled our order and off we went. Absolutely horrendous service, possibly the worst, such a let down!

1  Thank loulabelle_11
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I can't comment on the food as we didn't stay long enough to try it. We were subjected to incompetant bar staff who couldn't manage to place any orders, and a waitress who walked past us saying she felt like committing suicide in the rest-room (totally inappropriate, especially in front of my two small children!). At this point we opted to leave and will not be returning!

3  Thank Joanne T
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Me and my friend met half way for sunday lunch here as its just reopened and thought we would try. Beautiful interior nice atmosphere. Waited 10mins at bar to order a drink of a young lad who really didnt know anything. We ordered a lemonade, sold out!!! Ordered food at the bar which was hard work! Chaos people stood everywhere trying to order with one lad, who kept asking"is that on the 2 for £9 menu" he clearly hadnt read his own menus,when after paying £9.25 for a sunday roast we asumed it would be amazing... Watery gravy/brown water. Tough beef, tastless overcooked veg out of a packet im sure! Watery sloppy mash and no roast potatoes, best thing was the yorkies! My friend couldnt even eat hers, should have been a £3.00 left overs at a carvery. Staff were comon and head waitress/maybe manager looked still in school with no organisation skills as pointed out by a few other tables who had booked left stood around waiting to be seated. Walk ins such a couple were turned away told over an hour wait for food, place was empty! Such a shame as could have been really lovely. Same as always thou, it will get a bad rep,We will not be returning and will tell others the same. Real disapointment.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Visited the Stag at Redhill 17th June 2013, had an excellent meal and the staff were friendly and very efficient. The whole place has been refurbished and looks great.

ignore all previous bad reports, the Stag is now brilliant. Thank you to all the staff.