“Thank you!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Stag at Redhill Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 40 Restaurants in Alcester
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pontardawe, Wales, United Kingdom
“Thank you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were made to feel very welcome. The food was great, really good choice, service first class! We will stop here again! we thought the prices were very good. if you dont you should try eating out in Cardiff!

• Visited September 2012

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“A very mixed experience, seems expensive for what you get!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stopped here for a meal on our way home from Malvern, the welcome from staff was good and we were seated quickly at a nice table so it was all going well to begin with. We had our drinks which seemed to be OK for everybody else but I wasn't impressed by the taste of my pint of IPA - a slightly off taste so I didn't have any more.

Its always a little unnerving when the waiter memorises your order without writing it down but he got it all right! Our starters were all good but, for us at least, the portions seemed quite generous. For mains one of our friends had the toad in the hole which was more cremated than cooked, it really should have been sent straight back to the kitchen (in truth it probably should never have come to the table in that state!) but in order not to hold us all back she give it a try but wished she hadn't. My wife and I had a sharing fish platter as our main - not bad but it was mostly breadcrumbed and not very hot either. Swapping one of the hot options for something else, maybe crab or cold prawns, would have better. The menu said it came with olives but none came. I had the bread & butter pudding which was pretty poor - not very warm, very little flavour, no fruit and came with custard when the menu advertised ice cream

The staff were freindly and the service efficient but for what we paid I think this was poor value and we will not be returning here - there are many other options on our way home from Malvern Theatre.

• Visited September 2012
Worcester UK
“Not sure what The Stag is trying to be!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed later than we had intended at Warwick Castle and had two very hungry grandchildren with us, so we popped into the Stag on our way back to Worcester. My first impression was that of tired 'chain' pub but after seeing the prices, I thought that it may be trying to be something else.

The staff were friendly and took and delivered our drinks order quickly. It took quite a while for a waiter to come back for our food order and about 20 minutes for the food to arrive. My husband's side order of vegetables was forgotten but they deleted the charge for my daughter's garlic bread to say sorry, which I was quite impressed by.

I got the impression that the food is freshly cooked and we all enjoyed our meals. the grandchildren loved their sausage and chips (huge premium sausage) and (what looked like a homemade) pizza very much.

The grandchildren loved the fairy lights but in general the decor is a little tired and the food tasty but not remarkable. They either need to revamp and up the service and presentation or offer cheaper options.

I doubt I would return atm.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank nessief
Madrid, Spain
“STAY AWAY FROM THIS PUB!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Worst experience!!! I hear a lot of good things about this restaurant

The food was cold, service was slow and the waiters forgot what the specials were?!

One thing in particular the female manager, stay clear! the customer is always right aren't they? Not in this case! I questioned her about the service her staff gave and she was very very rude!

Disgusting service from a manager, never vist this pub again when i come back and will tell people in future to avoid this pub due to poor customer service and cold over priced food!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Redtiger782
Warwickshire
“Staff incapable of taking an order and retaining the information from our table to the kitchen/order point. Food tasty though bu”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Not the first I've been here, the waiting staff don't write down orders, so rely on their memory, not successfully! We were there for a late lunch around 2.30pm, first drink was served in dirty glass, server apologetic and changed it. Ordered food, I asked specifically if the prawns had been shelled, assured they had, id ordered them with the garlic butter, Burr he came back to ask which way, either chilli or garlic. They arrived with shell on! I sent it back they cooked an alternative very quickly, fine. Main course I'd ordered the Chicken Cesear Salad with Anchovy, which he'd had to come back and check on, it arrived, yes no anchovy. They served them separately, fine. I discovered first onion, to which I am intolerant, tomato, cucumber and green and red pepper. None of which are usually included in a standard Cesear salad. Glad I noticed before jumping in. Salad was tasty but at £12.95 with anchovy, expensive! When I pointed out this to the server who cleared, he was apologetic but that's it. Finally bill was presented, also incorrect, finally not charged for my starter at all. It was so ludicrous, it was funny, but also very sad. Pull your socks up Stag staff, not good enough for the prices charged.

1 Thank AstaFranssen