“Excellent meal in very friendly environment.”

The Head o The Road
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in Portadown
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A quaint 18th Century Country pub nestled in the town land of Tartaraghan. Be it a birthday party, christening or just dinner for two we can accommodate! Wholesome tasty dishes created using fresh local produce. We look forward to seeing you.....:)
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Excellent steak & value for money - good atmosphere, friendly & efficient service. Very good overall experience.

Date of visit: February 2014
2  Thank gillyPortadown

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice place to have dinner not too far from our Bed and Breakfast in Portadown.
Our host suggested us this pub and we decided to give it a try. We did not regret it!
First of all they arranged us a table even if the kitchen was about to close and they did with a smile in their face.
Every one was really friendly and the food was delicious.
I had some pork scallops with mashed potato and some creamy sauce and my boyfriend had the cheeseburger with garlic potatoes. Absolutely perfect! We had a glance at the dessert too but unfortunately we were too stuffed and we couldn't try them, but they looked delicious!
I strongly suggest this pub to anyone passing by Portadown!

Date of visit: March 2014
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I really like it here. A very well run pub that pull a great pint. The food is very good. Its not fine food but very tasty. A good steak, chicken maryland, sea bass, just what the returning customers want. It is old…very old...and authentic. I am quite sure at one time it was owned by the grandfather of Liam Nesson…so its a bit like…"I will find you" but not maybe without sat nav or some difficulty. This appeals even more..a hideaway in a place called 'Tartaraghan' opposite a beautiful old church that has a gate with a roof…it has a name, just cant think but great for a wedding photo. Very busy on Saturday nights and I have had to be turned away a couple of times and go to Grouchos, (further away) but will always make it back…maybe this weekend!

Date of visit: October 2013
6  Thank Richard F
Reviewed February 9, 2014

food was fab,big portions, delivered quickly. selection of desserts was lovely - variety of cheesecakes. waitress was lively and enthusiastic. overall experience was great - highly recommended.

Date of visit: January 2014
2  Thank ks123818
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Food quite good but not a high standard. Best is probably salmon on champ. Has great potential if more fresh veg was used and home made sauces. Desserts slightly better than average.

Date of visit: January 2014