“Go to the zoo instead”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Go to the zoo instead”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Where to begin. £13 for 1 adult and 2 children, good value I thought until after seeing all the animals and walking around the "animal park" twice ...I realised we had spent 20 mins there. This place is woeful, if you love you children take them somewhere else.
The website said 100 rare animals ....Hmmmmm I think 95 were chickens.
The most entertaining moment was when my 7 year old spotted a cat trying to catch a starling caught in the chicken coop.
Hopes we're raised on seeing emus but 3 poor emus were locked in a small shed which made me concerned to be honest.
I asked on the way out if they could recommend a soft play centre nearby as it had only taken 15 mins to fully explore the park (I'm excluding the 5 mins spent in the toilet) .. It's not the wee girl on the doors fault so I didn't ask for a refund. I just won't go back....and recommend you give it a miss.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank melissa c

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little secret of the county”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I was looking something to do with my son and found out about this place on Google, I've lived in the area for a number of years now and didn't even know this was here.

The staff are great and very informative, my son loved the way he could touch and hold mpost of the animals and reptiles. I myself liked the variety of animals from your average rabbit to massive emu and huge snakes. Overall I am amazed this place isn't more supported by our council.

Didn't try out the catering facilities but I'm sure they're good

Visited November 2013
1 Thank theJim77
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awful”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited the farm on Tuesday and was so disappointed. After ringing the bell for a good ten minutes, the most unfriendly, unwelcoming woman opened the door for us, we didn't get a hello or anything. Nearly died when we were charged £17 to get in, hoping it would be better than it looked from the outside. It wasn't. Thought the farm was really dirty compared to all other farms, would have hated to have a picnic at the picnic area. Would not recommend this to anyone.

6 Thank Joanne M
Portadown, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Get up close with some exciting creatures”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We spent a nice afternoon at CJ's with the children. There was a pic-nic area so we started off there and as it was a nice day that helped. We then started our tour of the animal park and got up close a personal with snakes, spiders etc. We also got close to rabbits etc. There was lots to see and we spent a lovely afternoon and hope to go back again this year for a repeat performance.. We visited in July 2012

Visited September 2012
Rathfriland, Co Down, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic place to visit for animal mad child (and adults)...”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My 2yo had a fantastic time here this morning. There were so many animals to see he didn't know where to go first. He loved being given the opportunity to stroke some of the small furry animals, and was very impressed with the corn snake he was allowed to touch (so was my husband who held it :) ) The bigger animals like goats, pigs, ponies and Poppy the wallaby were very friendly too. There were plenty of handwashing facilities available at either end of the farm, and a small picnic area (part of it covered). I would recommend this farm to anybody, and can't wait til I can come back again and bring some friends.

Visited July 2013