“DON'T GO”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The service in this restaurant is awful, it took 25 minutes to actually take order. I tried on several occasions to indicate to staff I wanted to order, but they continually avoid eye contact and we were only customers in restaurant so they were not busy. Lady member of staff was more interested in her packet of crisps, cup of tea and reading a trashy magazine. They did not clear plates in between meals, when they brought next course they had to clear then, it was just dreadful service. Also they charge £10 for children chicken nuggets and chips, the chicken could not really be described as chicken and could not be eaten. To be fair though the actual indian was nice, I would recommend ordering take away and collecting, though I noticed even when telephone ordered customers still had to wait at least 10 minutes. My advice do not sit in.

There are newer reviews for Star of India

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'm not a lover of Indian food but was impressed with the food I had in star of India. Staff very pleasant and happy to help. In my opinion its slightly over priced but I guess it's not somewhere you go every night.

1  Thank chris_haugh
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Service was extremely slow staff not very attentive. Be carefully when ordering mild dishes as my mild was hot. Lamb very tender.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I have ate here a loads of times and every time is a hit, staff are very helpful in advising you on different meals and they have great selection

Reviewed January 19, 2013

overpriced,undercooked and definetly never again.chicken tikka starter was raw.mains were cold.popadoms were the only things we enjoyed.