“Don't believe the negative comments here” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Capitol Chinese Cuisine

Capitol Chinese Cuisine
Ranked #33 of 255 Restaurants in Birkenhead
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Don't believe the negative comments here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

We have visited the Capitol many times and have never been disappointed. Steve is always around and approachable. He welcomes feedback. The decor is wonderful and the facilities are very clean. It is advisable to book as they are very popular and always busy. The food quality is excellent and always delivered piping hot (not from a microwave!) you can taste the freshness. If you want an authentic Chinese meal this is the place to go. Top notch!

• Visited November 2010

Birkenhead
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

I have visited the capitol plenty of times and found the food and service excellent it is a little more expensive but you get quality service and food well worth a visit steve and staff always make you most welcome

1 Thank Gresfor
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Very Poor Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

I visited this restaurant with my partner after purchasing a deal via Groupon. The offer was, "Two Courses of Authentic Chinese Cuisine For Two With Glass of Wine Each for £19".

Our starters consisted of 3 small ribs each, apparently these would normally cost £6.75 each, my ribs were also cold in the middle. The Groupon deal clearly mentioned seafood chow mein as a main but when I ordered this I was told this was not available on the Groupon Deal. The normal menu is a little on the pricy side compared to other Chinese restaurants in the vicinity, I would definitely recommend that you give this restaurant a miss, if you want tasty, authentic Chinese food.

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NicolaC327
england
“Not good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

We went to this restaurant when we moved back to the area. We frequented the place lots of times years ago before we moved and it used to be excellent. On our visit this time we where really disappointed the food was not up to standard in fact I would go as far to say that it seemed to be microwaved food. We did complain at the time and we where offered money off on our next visit. But we won't be visiting again to take advantage of the money off.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jolleyroger
Stevietam, Manager at Capitol Chinese Cuisine, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
I read the review by Jollyroger with great surprise.

I wonder if she can provide more details about her visit.

Personally we have no record of such comment from my staff.

I will be interested to know what meal and date of her visit.

PS We do not have a microwave in our kitchen. All dishes are cooked to order.
Wirral, Merseyside
“Excellent Chinese food everytime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

I have been visiting this restaurant for years and should have written a review a long time ago.

We usually go every Christmas Eve which always has a great atmosphere and then a few times throughout the year. The food is always cooked really well and nicely presented and the staff are always very friendly.

Everytime we visit we always have the Capitol’s special banquet, its priced at £22.95 per person (it might be slightly more at Christmas), which I personally think is well worth every penny. There is a great selection to enjoy and you are never rushed into finishing your meal. I have been visiting the Capitol for 15 years and have always enjoyed every meal. You can’t say that about a lot of restaurants these days with all of the competition out there.

The banquet consists of Soup to start, prawn crackers then it goes on to a mixed platter of prawn toast, ribs, spring rolls etc then its on to my favourite crispy duck with pancakes. We usually have a short break then, and then they bring out the special fried rice and the main dishes. Sometimes the Christmas banquet is slightly different and you are given an extra meal rather than just the two main dishes which is for 2 people and more dishes for larger parties. After all of that if you can manage it you can have a dessert of banana and toffee apple (deep fried), with this you can ask for ice cream. You are then given fruit at the end.

I highly recommend this restaurant. They also celebrate Chinese New Year at the restaurant for a few nights which is a really good night.

Enjoy :)