All reviews rock ferry bus stop rooms are clean lovely breakfast public transport nick liverpool tunnel
Selected filters
Reviewed July 23, 2018

Finding the place was a bit tricky at first - but met by a terrific and welcoming host (Nick) who was friendly and obliging even when tested by my trying a set of my own keys when trying to lock the door. The room was everything we were lead to believe it would be and the breakfast was hot, filling and satisfying. Nick's service and advice about local facilities and how to make the best of our visit was spot on. Yes the facilities were basic, but that's what we expected. We didn't have anything to complain about - only praise. Thank you Nick.

Room tip: Our room was on the top floor - and quiet.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

A basic guest house with all amenities. A lovely breakfast and a very helpful manager. Could do with a revamp but suited our stay. Thanks very much to the manager and his assistant.They were so kind and helpful. It was a very hot weekend and he carried a large fan up to our room brought extra milk to us when we asked and was an all round good bloke!Thanks very much.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Julie_GM_13, Owner at Black Lions Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Thank you very much for your review, i will pass your thanks on to the staff concerned. We are really pleased that you enjopyed your stay and well done on the 10k in this heat! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Blasck Lions soon!

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Nick was friendly and understanding from the minute we walked into his lovely guesthouse! The place has so much character and is very clean!
Me and a friend were there for work and would be coming in at ridiculous times on a morning which was no problem. Breakfast was lovely and he catered for me (vegan) without judgement. The last night we were there an incident happened which meant we couldn’t retrieve our car and he let us stay an extra couple of hours which really did help us out! So 10/10 for customer service and making us feel at home!
We would definitely stay again!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2018

The hotel staff is amazing. Not only that they are very friendly and give good advices around town, they also replaced my breakfast after I managed to spill peper all over it and sent me my forgotten item per mail to my house. Thank you again for the amazing customer service!

Room tip: If you should have problems with stairs, make sure to tell that with your reservation.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Thankyou nick not long spoke to you.Hats off to you and your place , genuinely appreciate your understanding and trust me When booking in birkenhead in the future I wouldn't hesitate. I will be booking this place . Thanks again mate . Robbie.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank lancaster12345