“Wow, newbies but we will be back”
Review of Riverhill Hotel

Riverhill Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Birkenhead
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I have read all of the reviews and quite frankly wonder if I was staying and eating in a different place! I booked this as an extra treat for my husbands birthday and yes it was because of MasterChef the Professionals. Well I have to say I am so glad I did, we had the taster menu, each course was better than the previous and we really couldn't say which was our favourite because they were so good. The staff were all fantastic and considering there were 2 large parties in at the same time we certainly felt we got the personal touch. Thank you all, first time but certainly not the last .

• Stayed: September 2013
stephen p, General Manager at Riverhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

hi Newbies
our team have all had a great time reading your lovely review , we were so please to here you had a great visit and enjoyed the food and service , I hope you remembered my tip on the beetroot I gave you ,
we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel , when you next book please give me a call so we can catch up and share a glass of rioja together
regards
Steve and team

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Only stayed the one evening & albeit that there was no lift, we were asked if we required help with our luggage. Our room was really spacious and absolutely spotless; little extras asin biscuits, kit kat, fruit and crisps a really nice touch. Room had iron and ironing board and the benefit of a safe. Our room also had air conditioning which was most appreciated. Toiletries in the bathroom, which again was spotless. Service in the bar at the evening time and at breakfast the next morning was second to none; and the food was very nicely presented and delicious. Quite surprised that this hotel is only rated a 3 star; and we thought it deserved to be 4 star. Would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CBWTA

Dear guest
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feed back and overall comments , a lot of the time you guest do not feed back the good or bad experience they have had or explain were we are getting the things like service or food quality just right and the whole over all experience, and my team in all departments are ensure our guest enjoy the best of times be it at check in or breakfast service
so once again a big thank from the Riverhill hotel team and we are looking forward to being of service to you very soon
Kind regards

Reviewed September 11, 2013

It was my absolute pleasure to hold my wedding at the Riverhill in May 2013.

During the weeks leading up to the wedding, I could not begin to praise enough the support, advice and attention from manager Steve and the team at the hotel.

The wedding itself was a spectacle. On one particularly lucky day, the hotel looked a complete treasure, drenched in the sunlight. The garden was perfect for the photos! The back garden was comfortable for smokers with tables and chairs set up in the sun. And the disco at the end was brilliantly set up!

My bride was very pleased with her treatment throughout. She had stayed the night before the wedding and felt treated like a princess by all. The bridal suite was very accommodating, and she had more than enough room the next morning for her mum and bridesmaids to help her get ready comfortably.

The food definitely lives up to its name. The hotel is very proud of having a Masterchef winner gracing their kitchen, and so they should be! There were very high expectations for the food, and they definitely paid off! The waiting staff were the ultimate display of professionalism, attentive and beyond courteous at all times.

Attention to detail was the key here in terms of my good impression. The knowledge of the bar staff, the small favours in the rooms, the accessibility and accommodation of extra requirements. This is a hotel team that is there for you on a personal level, in a considerate and thorough way.

After the wedding I returned two months later for a family meal. The food was fantastic and again exceeding expectations. The staff even acknowledged having us back by generously offering us two bottles of champagne!! A lovely gesture, after such a fantastic wedding day we experienced with them.

As a flight attendant I stay in 5 star hotels all over the world. And whilst the Riverhill lacks a swimming pool, gym, or such similar things, I can honestly say the service and hard work of this brilliant team is more personal, and genuinely caring than any hotel I have stayed.

An excellent, personalized experience, which I will definitely stay again!

Well done, and thankyou team!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stefhatta
stephen p, General Manager at Riverhill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Hi guys
great to here from you both hope are keeping well and will share the sun with us back in the uk I have passed on your compliments to the whole team at the Riverhill and the feed back form Richard and Mia and myself is lets all do it again every year
Regards

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was looking forward to going to the Riverhill as we'd heard it was reasonably good. It wasn't. The food just wasn't up to much and the service was really hit and miss. One of the waiters was fabulous, the others not so much. At £80 a head I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank headoftheclass
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have never been to the Riverhill before but have heard on the grapevine and seen the reviews, being of modest income i thought i would try the the early diner 2 course offer of £17.00 a head,very reasonable. The service and staff are without fault, quality service from the staff, the setting lovely it has the feel of a special occasion as restaurants should do. We had starter and main course, the starters had the feel of cooked, prepared and laid several hours ago, not to our taste at all.. The main courses, pork belly and peppercorn steak quite lovely, the veg was delicious but the way it was cooked and prepared just lovely, real quality.
I have a feel the a la carte would be a bit special...very much worth a visit...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Martin
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your honest feedback, and we always welcome our guest informing us of strength and weakness
We are looking forward to being of service to you and your family when you next visit, please do inform me when you next make a booking so I can share a glass of wine with you
Kind regards

Reviewed August 11, 2013

A fantastic day, a highly professional team. They took all the worry out of our day. The food was delicious, plenty of it. Thank you all.
A wonderful surprise without asking they remembered it was my birthday and produced cake with a candle and a rousing verse of "Happy Birthday"
Mr and Mrs Ellison

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Mr & Mrs Ellison. We would again like to thank you for choosing to have your wedding day here at the Riverhill Hotel. We really appreciate you feedback. It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to manage your event and to see a stunning bride. Please do remember that as part of your wedding package, you first anniversary we will provide you with a 3 course dinner on your anniversary date. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel hopefully a bit sooner than that. Kind Regards. Steve.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Wen stayed here for three nights, over two weekends as we were booked on a coach tour in between. The room was at the front overlooking the pleasant front garden and the road but even with the windows open it wasn't too noisy. A nice bright room with windows all round (and the longest radiator I have seen!) Bed was ok but dipped a little. Complimentary fruit (one orange!) crisps, biscuits and kit kat, better than some hotels but no tissues provided unlike most hotels.
We cannot comment on the food as we were room only. No lift so had to carry cases upstairs but not a real problem. Parking could be a problem if there is a big party here.
We will stay here again as we visit a relative here every year and may be try the food next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birkenhead
The Grove House Hotel and Restaurant
#1 of 3 in Bromborough
Travelodge Bromborough Hotel
Travelodge Bromborough Hotel
#2 of 3 in Bromborough

Been to Riverhill Hotel? Share your experiences!