“Anniversary Delight!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Birkenhead
Bebington
“Anniversary Delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

After we had our wedding reception at the hotel a year ago we decided to go back to celebrate our first anniversary. The service as always was wonderful and the staff are chatty and pleasant! Nick the owner is always very welcoming too! The food was fantastic and we were not disappointed, sat in the window overlooking the front lawn with sunshine beaming in. Its such a shame the restaurant wasnt a bit busier, with quality food and service restaurants like this are dying out, especially one so local! We will most certainly be back, I believe Sunday lunch is well worth a try!
Keep up the good work allat Riverhill, especially Claire Masterchef winner!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have stayed here before and can highly recommend it. My bedroom had been recently decorated and the hotel public areas have all been tastefully re-decorated and re-carpeted in the past year, The staff are always most welcoming and helpful. The freshly cooked breakfast was first class. The restaurant is run by the Masterchef winner, Claire Lara. Superb menu. All beautifully presented and cooked. The sweet trolley is fantastic, I was spoiled for choice.
Of all the hotels I stay in this is currently my favourite. Excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Birkenhead, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I held our wedding breakfast here at the Riverhill Hotel on 6th April 2013, and I have got to say, the whole team helped towards making the day absolutely fantastic.
As a bride to be, I was forever stressing about everything; with regard to the meal, I had a vegetarian, a coeliiac and a lactose intollerent person in with the seventy guests I had invited to the meal. This was no bother for steve and his team; I would phone him up quite often and he made me rest assured that everything was fine, and he didnt fail to dissapoint! The meal was absolutely fabulous, and Id requested to have cheesecake, as a lot of our family and friend love it, which Steve had specially made for us.The room and the grounds were absolutely beautiful ; they provided a stunning backdrop to all of our posed wedding photos. Because the room was that beautiful, I actually based my colour scheme on it. Steve set up all my bits of bric-a-brac I had, and oversaw the venue dressers to ensure our wedding looked stunning (I have attached a few photos of the layout). We had maximum capacity for the room, but everyone was quite comfortable; they didnt feel squashed or crammed in!
We were married on Grand National Day too, and as we had placed bets as our favours, Steve actually gave us a key to an empty room so we could go up and watch the race. This absolutely made every ones day!
The proof is in the pudding; there have been a few members of my family leaving reviews on Trip Advisor as they the whole wedding party loved the food and the service.
The whole team was absolutely amazing and I would like to say a massive thank you to you all on behalf of my husband and I. You really did help to make our wedding day fantastic!

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Having grown up in Birkenhead, but no longer living there, I often need a place to stay when I go back to visit. I've known about the Riverhill since I was a kid but for some reason have never bothered staying there.

I have to say that the Riverhill is a very good hotel. It has a three star rating but the warmth of the welcome is definitely 5 star. Staff are helpful to an individual and bring out the best in Birkenhead.

Rooms are good. The bathrooms are a bit tired but perfectly adequate and the interiors of the rooms themselves are spacious and nicely furnished.

Breakfast was good, about the right amount and served in a very pleasant dining room.

I'll be back. I've now found a place within walking distance of Prenton Park, well connected for the motorway network and with the delights of Oxton village nearby. The icing on the cake is the excellent restaurant, which I regret not having tried this time but which comes highly recommended from friends locally.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. However take a walk in the nearby Arno, a park about 5 minutes walk away.
Wirral
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

My son and his wife had their wedding reception here. The food was excellent as was the service from all the staff. Nothing was too much bother. The staff are very attentive. The food was a basic roast dinner but was well cooked and the there was an excellent choice of sweets. The house wines were very nice and the beer prices reasonable.

Birkenhead, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked for 21 people for our Xmas party which they book here every year. WE took an early seating as if we had booked an hour later the taffif went up by £10.00 per head.. Unfortunatly only 18 of use arrived as the others has prevoiusly been and said the standard was not up to its usual. I myself had never been so i thought i would get my own opinon. To start the bar- everytime myself or collugue went to the bar the price changed. Then we were sat for our meal which we were squashed onto the side which we were unable to pull our chairs full out as we were against the wall. Our starters came out in dribs and drabs. Then our mains came which i had lamb.which was served as silver service, the lamb was cold the veg was cold but the roast potaoes was the only hot thing on our plate! However 1 of the party asked for fish which arrived when we had nearly finished our mains. Asking the waiters for anything if you could find one that was willing to help was a no go. Desserts was not much to talk about. When we asked for coffee we were told that it would cost a further £2.95 per person?? Since when do you pay extra for coffee when you are paying £29.95 ahead?? The comment card was completed bymeslf and handed in the head waiter, he asked me to advise why we were unhappy so told the above. He went to the bar and confirmed that i had been overcharged by £5.75 and gave me the money back. The manager did give us 10% off the final bill and advise what he would email me on the following Monday with an explanation of why the food was so bad. Wednesday arrived and still no email, so i called the resturant and spoke to the manager who advised was too busy to answer me and would try and do it that afternoon, It is now 8th April 2013 and still no email or any contact so that is why i am writing the review.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Lisa E
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

we chose the riverhill to have our wedding reception, all the staff were fantastic in helping us prepare for our big day we found the whole time we spent there was a pleasurable experience throughout . the food was delicious and staff were wonderful. our honeymoon suite was beautiful. the hotel has a homely and intimate feeling would recommend anyone to have there wedding reception here plus it has a lovely garden to have beautiful photos taken.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
stephen p, General Manager at Riverhill Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Sir
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing us to being of service to you and your family on their big wedding day , the weather help us at the weekend as it was very kind to all our brides and grooms as we had catered for weddings on the Friday Saturday and Sunday of that week.
We look forward to being of service to the bride and groom on their first anniversary meal which is free of charge as we always provide that in their wedding package
Kind regards
Steve
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birkenhead
Premier Inn Birkenhead Town Centre Hotel
Village Hotel Wirral
Village Hotel Wirral
#1 of 3 in Bromborough
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,378 reviews

Been to Riverhill Hotel? Share your experiences!