“Overall.. worth a visit.”
Review of Villa Venezia

Villa Venezia
Ranked #12 of 273 Restaurants in Birkenhead
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2012

First visit to this restaurant, never knew it existed till Mrs suggested it instead of cooking. Saw mixed reviews on trip advisor so went I with open mind. Place has its own car park at side which helps as its on a main road. Enter and warm greeting from staff as we are shown to table. Quick scan and not many people eating. Cant decide if the decor is drab or quaint.
Order in…. starters very quickly appeared at the table. Virtually moments after we finished staff removed dishes and moments later mains arrived. I found the food very tasty. The staff were attentive but not intrusive which I liked a lot. My wife liked the house wine very much. Another scan around the room….still undecided on the décor but thought the breadsticks in a plastic bag thrown on top of chiller and the table cleaning spray and cloth should not be on view and should have been stored away.
PROs….Easy parking, nice, attentive staff. Food served fast, was tasty and piping hot.
CONs…. Bit pricey, décor bit dodgy.
Overall I enjoyed my meal and would definitively go again.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Villa Venezia is just a stone's throw from Tranmere Rovers FC and is a firm favourite with Wirral locals from Birkenhead and further afield.

My first visit to Villa Venezia was to celebrate my husband's birthday with family - he hadn't been for years but had visited regularly with family when growing up nearby. Unlike other restaurants you haven't been to in fifteen years, Villa Venezia hadn't changed at all apparently. It had eighties 'English Italian' decor and possibly some of the same staff. It was packed and we had to wait a while for our table but staff and customers were very friendly and everyone was having a great time. The food was tasty, the wine selection was good, although the house wine was a little too far on the cheap side.

The atmosphere here is real Italian and real Wirral. Whilst you can order an authentic meal, it's also ok to have Spaghetti Bolognese AND a plate of chips. This all adds to the charm of course.

Well worth a visit for Wirral warmth and friendliness, good food, and a fun night out.

2  Thank katielips
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Food is always excellent, never had a bad meal. The service is always of a high standard and very friendly. Lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

good food, good price, friendly staff, a lovely casual atmosphere, a lovely place to go to for a relaxing meal, staff do not rush you

1  Thank tessa g
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I visited here with my partner on a Saturday night. I had fillet steak with a blue cheese and mushroom sauce. I don't normally order steak, it can be hit and miss. The steak here was fabulous, cooked just how i like it, blue, and was as tender as it could be. I enjoyed every mouthful. My partner had the calzone, which she thoroughly enjoyed. I thought the food was fairly priced and plenty of choice. I don't think you will be disappointed if you chose to eat here

1  Thank atcook