“Great B&B with the best breakfast of the lot!”
Review of The Grange B&B

The Grange B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coleraine
The Grange B&B
Ranked #5 of 19 Coleraine B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We spent one night here on our tour of Ireland in may 2013-wished we could have stayed in the area for longer! This was a good location for Giants Causeway, and the rope bridge. The welcome was good, Room was big and comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic-the best of all the B&Bs we stayed in. Well recommended

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yossmitesam
There are newer reviews for The Grange B&B

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed with David and Jan for two nights in February 2013. They have a very welcoming home. Complete with very sweet doggy – Poppy.

While the friendly atmosphere was a big plus here one of the clear advantages of this B&B was its location beside the Lodge Road roundabout; Coleraine’s main intersection. It is walking distance to Causeway Hospital and about 10 minutes from the centre of town. The breakfast was well presented and a good range of choices were available. Definitely one I would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Amazing B&B and wonderful hosts. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were beautifully presented and immaculate. The breakfast was to die for!!! We spent a lovely evening chatting with our hosts David and Jan .Would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2012

A short time ago, I was cycling from Derry to Coleraine, about thirty miles. It is beautiful countryside, if you can see it. Unfortunately that day the rain was pouring down with mist and fog on the hillsides. Arriving in Coleraine, I had no overnight arrangements and stopped at St. Malachy's Church offering a pray for guidance. The Church was empty as I sat there dripping and grateful for a roof. Then I noticed a woman up front, the only other person in the whole Church. I approached her cautiously, asking advice on a place to stay for the night. She went in to ask the priest, came right back, and reported the priest said there was only one place he would recommend and it would be a very good night. Ann, the helpful young women, even called the house for me to see if there might be a room for the night. Jan was waiting at the door for me a few minutes later and warmly welcomed my soggy self, introduced me to their gentle and lovely dog, and then found her husband David, to introduce us as well. All at once, I felt wonderful. Jan suggested I put on a fluffy bathrobe, and give her my soaking wet garments
which she promptly washed and hung up to dry. She even had a special drying room in the house. Meanwhile, she prepared a lovely lunch in the mid-afternoon, guessing correctly I hadn't eaten in a while, then set me up in a beautiful room to rest right next to a fine warm radiator. Falling quickly asleep, I thought I must be in heaven.
Later that evening, a lovely supper was waiting for me, which I enjoyed along with some wonderful conversation with David, a world traveler, comfortable in many cultures. The next morning, people from several parts of Europe, the Philippines, and the US sat together around a magnificent breakfast table. Dining on delicious food and conversation, I was sad to leave. Packing up my now clean and dry clothing, I realized this had been a major highlight of my trip, cycling about Ireland and visiting B&Bs for over a month. Jan and David, I thank you dearly from the heart for a rescue and recovery I will never forget, and a welcome so warm, I feel it still.

Room Tip: Leave it to Jan. She will take very good care of you.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank John P
Reviewed July 23, 2012

An early July visit was the second for my wife and I to North Ireland. We were fortunate to locate The Grange the first time we visited three years ago by chance. On this trip we made sure we would stay at The Grange which we did for three nights. As we used to say about Perle Mesta in the US as the "hostess with the mostest (sic), I introduce Jan and her husband David as the "hostess with the mostest (sic) in North Ireland." Jan provided me with names of genealogists/historians for the Coleraine/Garvagh areas. This information provided me with the opportunity to walk in an out-in-the-country small (20-30) plot cemetery where my grandfather's brother and his wife are buried. It is a cemetery so remote that many of the local residents do not know that it exists. David makes for lively and intellectual conversation at the breakfast table and in the sitting room. David and Jan have lived in many countries on several continents and thus are conversant with cultures, cities and people of diversity. The meals were excellent and the rooms clean. What more does one need at a B&B? The Grange provides lively conversation, excellent meals, clean rooms and is willing to assist in any way as needed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I am a middle aged woman and I was traveling alone. David and Jan the owners of the Grange made me feel safe and welcome. I so enjoyed my stay that I decided to stay 4 days instead of 2. I was there in Coleraine to research my ancestors they put me in touch with friends of theirs shared what they knew. I felt like I was a personal guest welcomed into their home and yet I could still have my own space. They went beyond the normal B&B service in fact they went out of there way to accommodate me. I highly recommend The Grange it is lovely place with exceptional people.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I read the reviews online and was very excited by them so called to book...but my goodness what a rude way to answer a telephone. It went something like this 'Hello' 'Hello, is that the Grange' (because I would expect someone to say this on answering, but no. 'It is but I can't speak to you. I am serving eight breakfasts' Phone was then slammed down. So, any booking I was going to make is most definitely not going to happen now. ASTONISHED.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank minkthemoo
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

The lady who submitted this review has subsequently been in touch with us by email. My wife has replied to her email, apologising for the way in which she handled the reviewer's phone call. I would like to repeat that apology in this Management Response.
May I also make two other points: Firstly, it would be most appreciated by all B&B Owners if telephone calls to a B&B to make an enquiry could avoid the 8am to 9am time period when most owners are fully involved in cooking and serving breakfasts. We do not have a receptionist to handle phone calls, and nor do we have a chef to cook the breakfasts, so as Owners my wife and I have to deal with everything. My second point is that since we started our B&B business in 1995, this is the only negative review we have received.
My wife and I look forward to continue providing a first class hospitality experience for all our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleraine
Lodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae
Number 10 B&B
Number 10 B&B
#11 of 19 in Coleraine

Been to The Grange B&B? Share your experiences!