“Food glorious Food”

Ranked #4 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Coleraine
Derry, United Kingdom
“Food glorious Food”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We eat quite often here and the food and service is of a very high standard.Menu choice is extensive.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Customers are not always right here...”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Been in here quite a few times with no issues, but pricey but generally food is good.
On the one occasion I complained about the lasagne I was told there is definitely no problem with it despite everyone at my table agreeing something was "off". Manager told me it was her recipe and was different and clearly it "just wasn't to my taste" personally I have never been treated like an imboscile until then. Fellow customers also appauled. Will not be back. A simple response would have been, I'm sorry your not satisfied, can I get you something else? But no apparently it was not that simple, and their policy is to argue with customers and try and change their point of view! Would not recommend in future

1 Thank Mcdheights
Alice Springs, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 6,202 helpful votes
“Big menu”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Just a quick stop for coffee here while we were heading back to Dublin. It has an extensive menu although the coffee was great, we did not order any food.

• Visited July 2013
Belfast
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Visited with my husband , daughter and little grandson.it was our first visit but my daughter who lives locally had spoken very highly of the restaurant .
From the minute we arrived the service was excellent. We were shown to our table and a high chair for the " wee man " produced instantly. If that wasn't enough, toys were brought to entertain him whilst we adults pursued the extensive menu.

His stew was brought out first, so he could get started, and he had a lovely wee proper child's spoon to eat with. Our food followed very quickly and was excellent . I had a toasted sandwich which was delicious , served with accompaniment of fries and salad. My husband had soup/sandwich and my daughter the stew which was delicious .

We had opted for light snacks but could see mouth watering full meals being served to other customers which looked amazing .

The ambience , the food and the friendly and efficient staff make Homemade a force to be reckoned with in Coleraine. Certainly they have raised the bar as far as other restaurants cafes are concerned and many could learn a few lessons in customer service from them.

Can't wait for our next visit.

1 Thank BelfastSupermum
“Restaurant or cafe?”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Heard a lot of fuss about this cafe/restaurant so thought i would try it with my partner today.

Firstly it was quite busy but the manageress was very quick to get a table cleared for us and bring us a highchair. At a glance menu was massive one of the biggest ive seen. So i decided to try the salmon, my partner had lasagne and we got my toddler a bowl of stew. Fantastically enough they used their initative to send out the babys first so it was cool by the time our mains came out. So as my meal was set down i couldnt believe the portion size which was massive. Nearly too much to be honest. Salmon was on spinach mash supposedly, but yes the mash was green but was under seasoned the greens werent seasoned or drizzled with butter so were wuite bland the salmon itself was beautiful and the deepfried leeks were a bit ott for my likening but added the crunch to dish my partners meal seemed to go down well but she's easily pleased. Overall 4/5 £21.00 for salmon/lasagne/stew/tea/americano

Quite pricey for a cafe even though they are running of a restaurant menu turnover is very quick and tables are very close.

Will be back again