“First Class Hotel, First Class Staff !!”
Review of Lodge Hotel

Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coleraine
Crewe, United Kingdom
“First Class Hotel, First Class Staff !!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Superb hotel. Very clean and room very large.
The staff are just lovely. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
We had a meal there on our first night which was first class. Breakfast the next morning the same. Plenty of choice and again, lovely staff.
Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and dining experience at the Lodge Hotel. I have passed your comments onto all the team here at the hotel. It is very rewarding and motivating for our staff to receive such positive feedback. Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Polish first
stroud
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Lodge was a few minutes’ walk from our B&B - The Grange - (see my other review) so as we wanted to have a drink was very handy, this was Saturday night so not surprisingly the restaurant was fully booked but we managed to get a table for two in the Bistro. It was very full and one of the waiters kindly offered to move us to a table on the raised part where it was a bit quieter. The service was excellent (although they did lose an order for a round of drinks for which they apologised), food quality was very good, large portions and quick to arrive. Because we were nearly full we shared a pud and this was enormous and very enjoyable.
As I said the place was heaving with parties and people so we were expecting service to be sluggish but it was extremely good, atmosphere was good and nice and warm – well done The Lodge

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your meal in Elliot's Bistro and found the service to be Excellent. We are very proud of our staff and the standards of service that they provide. I shall be sure and pass on your kind comments to all the team and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had lunch here on Saturday with my daughter, Mum, aunt & cousin. We were greeted & offered a choice of tables. There was the choice of carvery or ordering from the menu & they were happy for some of us to order from the menu & the others to choose from the carvery. The menu & the carvery menu were both clearly marked to show which items were gluten free. We all agreed the food was good (tasty, hot & generous servings). The staff were all pleasant & helpful. We will return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read you and your family enjoyed your meal in Elliot's Bistro at the weekend. We all look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Limavady, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

was really disappointed in the Sunday carvery had heard to many good things about it, food wasn't up to much and there wasn't enough staff to deal with the customers and the car park needs extended, its possible this was a one off and a bad day but I know I wont be back

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Terry-lee M
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor. It has been rather disheartening to read your review, having received so many excellent reviews regarding the high quality service and food we provide at our extremely popular Sunday Carvery. Perhaps you could contact me directly and I would be happy to discuss your comments. I appreciate that you have said you do not wish to return but I would hope that you could give our Sunday Carvery a second chance in the future.
Ballina, Ireland
Reviewed November 15, 2013

lovely hotel, clean and spacious rooms. lovely friendly staff. Fab atmosphere and the food in the bistro was good quality and reasonably priced. Right next to asda and just a short stroll to town. Would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and dining experience in Elliot's Bistro. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Tipperary
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I booked this stay for my mam, dad & 2 sisters. As it was my mams birthday I emailed the hotel to put a box of chocolates in the room, it was no hassle for them and they also put a birthday card in the room for her arrival, thanks to Deborah for all her help. My mam and dad were very pleased with the staff they were really friendly and very helpful even sang happy birthday to my mother at dinner. They said the food was 2nd to none. They will definitely be back if up around the area. Ps lovely touch with the chocolates on the bed my sisters loved them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for posting your kind review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear your mam, dad and two sisters enjoyed their stay at the Lodge Hotel and your mam enjoyed her birthday celebrations. I shall be sure and pass on your kind comments to Deborah and the rest of our wonderful team here at The Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you all again soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a really good hotel. Stayed here and felt like I'd always stayed here. Food in restraunt is really tasty and of good value. The atmosphere in this hotel is amazing too. Not pressurised but relaxing and welcoming. The staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are really lovely too!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the overall Lodge Hotel experience. I shall be sure and pass on your kind comments to the team here at The Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleraine
Brown Trout Golf & Country Inn
#4 of 5 in Coleraine
Bayview Hotel
Bayview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae

Been to Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!