“great overnight stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coleraine
Ballina, Ireland
“great overnight stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

lovely hotel, clean and spacious rooms. lovely friendly staff. Fab atmosphere and the food in the bistro was good quality and reasonably priced. Right next to asda and just a short stroll to town. Would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and dining experience in Elliot's Bistro. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Polish first
Tipperary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I booked this stay for my mam, dad & 2 sisters. As it was my mams birthday I emailed the hotel to put a box of chocolates in the room, it was no hassle for them and they also put a birthday card in the room for her arrival, thanks to Deborah for all her help. My mam and dad were very pleased with the staff they were really friendly and very helpful even sang happy birthday to my mother at dinner. They said the food was 2nd to none. They will definitely be back if up around the area. Ps lovely touch with the chocolates on the bed my sisters loved them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for posting your kind review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear your mam, dad and two sisters enjoyed their stay at the Lodge Hotel and your mam enjoyed her birthday celebrations. I shall be sure and pass on your kind comments to Deborah and the rest of our wonderful team here at The Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you all again soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a really good hotel. Stayed here and felt like I'd always stayed here. Food in restraunt is really tasty and of good value. The atmosphere in this hotel is amazing too. Not pressurised but relaxing and welcoming. The staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are really lovely too!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the overall Lodge Hotel experience. I shall be sure and pass on your kind comments to the team here at The Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with my son for our friends wedding, food great, rooms great, service great. Receptionist Deborah was great, spent time answering my sons numerous questions and gave him maps and leaflets of the local area. All our meals were excellent and waitress helpful in getting ice lollies for the children.

• Stayed October 2013
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments on a recent visit to the hotel on the occasion of a wedding. I am delighted to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and dining experiences at the hotel. I have passed your kind comments onto Deborah and the rest of the team and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here a few times - Pleasant location, friendly staff, spacious comfortable and clean rooms. Restaurant food is good and very reasonably priced but could do with varying the menu occasionally especially the vegetarian courses.

Room Tip: Rooms in annexe are best
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our set menus have limited vegetarian dishes but unfortunately I cannot ascertain which restaurant or indeed which menu you dined from. Next time you visit please ask a member of staff for other vegetarian options and we will do our best to meet your request. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were welcomed by reception and pleased to receive a 'special offer' for a Sunday night. The room was large and comfortable and had everything we needed. The bathroom was also large and had a warm, powerful shower and bath. Breakfast in the morning was surprisingly good with fantastic choice. The only thing that let the hotel down was the service in the adjoining Bistro. They started well, but by the time our dinner had been served they completely lost interest in us. I thought we were going to have to carry our own plates to the kitchen and help ourselves to dessert. Getting the bill was equally painful!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bam84
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for posting your detailed review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, however, I do hope that you are not deterred from visiting the Bistro again as we normally provide service of the highest standard. I have passed your comments onto our Restaurant Manager who will investigate further. Please accept our apologies and assure you of our best service in the future.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights here while I was working in Northern Ireland including one day at a small exhibition held at the hotel. I should say that I didn't eat at the hotel except for breakfast during my stay so cannot comment on the restaurant from my own experience. I can, however, say that on both days the place was packed with lunch time diners many of which were local. That in my mind suggests that the kitchen produces either good quality, good price or both.
Now for the things I saw/tried myself. Breakfast was a very relaxed affair with truly good service and very good if not outstanding food. The staff throughout were very efficient and pleasant so would give high marks there. The layout is a little strange. To get to my room from reception I had to walk through the bistro, past diners and out into a corridor to my room. Ok but not ideal, particularly if I was dining. The room it's self was large enough and all of the amenities you would expect but again good but not outstanding.
The biggest plus for me is the location. I love Coleraine anyway so that is a good start but no distance to PortRush and Royal PortRush golf course. Easy striking distance to the Bushmills Distillery and the Giants Causeway along with some stunning coastal areas.
Got business or the tourist it is a place to consider.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind and detailed review of your stay at the hotel and surrounding area. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleraine
Premier Inn Coleraine Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae
Magherabuoy House Hotel
Magherabuoy House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Portrush

Been to Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!