“Lodge Hotel Restaurant”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coleraine
Staten Island, New York
“Lodge Hotel Restaurant”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had lunch at this restaurant on our tour of Ireland. The service was good and we enjoyed the Chicken Paninis and chips. The Espresso Brownie Roulade was excellent as well. My husband ordered a Martini but it came in a soda glass but a Martini is evidently a drink not to order in Ireland either in the North or South.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor whilst touring Ireland. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your lunch in Elliot's Bistro.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Polish first
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had the Tea Time Treat in the Lodge Hotel recently. The choice of food on offer was very varied and reasonably priced. The food was very good, no room for complaint. All in all excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your Tea Time Treat meal and thought it was excellent value for money. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Had lunch today at the Bistro in the Lodge Hotel, Coleraine. As pensioners(!) my wife and I were able to benefit from the special pricing.
We chose the lunch buffet bar and were really surprised not only by the variety of dishes on offer but also by the quality of the food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your buffet lunch in Elliot's Bistro. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
UK
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Lodge continues to offer comfortable bedrooms, well equipped bathrooms, hearty breakfasts, plentiful dinners, (you will not leave the table hungry), and most importantly the ever friendliness of the staff.

And with the bonus of free wifi.

Good value for money whether for business or leisure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and dining experience here at the Lodge once again. We truly pride ourselves in maintaining the highest standards of hospitality and we are constantly striving to achieve more compliments from our guests. I shall be sure and pass on your kind comments to all the team as it is very rewarding and motivating to receive such positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Tipperary
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Beautiful hotel friendly staff fantastic food in Elliots Bistro plus the breakfast of course , have stayed here some nights over the past few months and its always been a pleasure. There is plenty of helpful staff to assist in every way. the rooms are lovely and clean great beds & pillows. There is always someone to go a little further eg I have dietary requirements and this morning what I asked for was not available I insisted it was ok when they offered to get it but despite that they went away to a store and brought it back to me, nice gesture . Well done ! so if your in the Coleraine area and want somewhere lovely to stay at a good rate top class food with the feeling that a star must have fallen from the signage " The lodge Hotel is the place to go.

Room Tip: I have stayed in 6 different rooms in different sides of the building and not a sound all good, its...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read your comments and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and dining experiences with us and that the services of our staff met your expectations. I shall be sure and pass your kind comments onto all the team here at the Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Visited the Lodge with my partner for bite to eat and have to say it was a lovely meal overall. It was a Monday night and I was expecting it to be very quiet but surprisingly there were several tables dining. We walked through the hotel lobby which is spacious and stylishly decorated and into the restaurant where the modern and smart decor continues. We were seated promptly, given menus and offered drinks. The food was to a very high standard. I went for the Pirie Pirie Chicken, my partner chose the steak and chicken combo. Mine was lovely; succulent and tasty spiced chicken, but I have to admit I did have food envy when I saw his steak! Both of us decided to go the whole hog and ordered dessert; I opted for the cheesecake, he went for the chocolate sponge, laced with coffee. The desserts were fabulous! What surprised me was that these desserts were not frozen, ready-made; they were HOMEMADE!

All in all, a very pleasant experience at the Lodge. Would I recommend? Certainly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you and your partner enjoyed your meal in Elliot's Bistro. I have forwarded your kind comments to our Chefs and the rest of the team at the Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is the 3rd time this year that I have visited The Lodge. I have always been impressed by the consistancy that prevails. The staff are the selling point of this hostelry from the front desk to the cleaning staff. Its pretty spotless and my only critisism is the lighting in the bedrooms which was designed by a man for men. We ate there twice and it was very busy on both occasions. I thought the food was not as good as the last time I was here. I had a roasted onion that had not been roasted long enough , but that was a minute point. The time before I thought the food was excellent but it was very quiet then.There is not much choice in this area of Hotels and as a result this place is well used and it deserves to be. p.s. breakfast cooked to order , first class!

Room Tip: All the rooms are a good size. But i think the externsion is probably better for less disturbance.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Your detailed feedback is greatly appreciated. I shall be sure and pass on your kind comments to all the team at the Lodge. Once again we would like to thank you for supporting us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleraine
Brown Trout Golf & Country Inn
#4 of 5 in Coleraine
Bayview Hotel
Bayview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae

Been to Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!