“Four Star Quality”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coleraine
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Four Star Quality”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have enjoyed a comfortable and relaxing weekend break at The Lodge Hotel. There were no problems with service at all. The staff were all pleasant, courteous and eager to please.

I stayed in the annexe, in Room 217. This was a large bedroom with super-kingsize bed. Indeed the room was so well appointed that I felt it could have been a Four Star hotel, rather than its official Three Star grade.

The bed was comfortable, with plenty of pillows, bed-lights, side table, free wi-fi (BT); lots of piping hot water, power shower, trouser press, ironing-board; tea-making facility and biscuits.

I'd certainly stay here again. And it's a mere fifteen minutes' walk to the town centre.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Tim B
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend break us and found your guest room very comfortable and spacious! We are very proud of the team we have at The Lodge and fully appreciate that it is they, that really make the difference to our guests' experiences. We all look forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Polish first
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

went for sunday evening carvery and what a treat. everything from we arrived to leaving was perfect. staff so friendly food superb and what a choice. look forward to returning sometime soon. also it was very good value for money

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jackie452016
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your Sunday Carvery and overall dining experience at The Lodge Hotel! We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at the Lodge for a family wedding.The staff were second to none,and I have to give a special mention to Steven who just made everything perfect for us,I can't emphasise enough how good Steven was,at taking care of every little detail,Siobhan at reception was also very attentive.The food was excellent,with more than enough to eat.The rooms are big and very comfortable,we had a great nights sleep.If anyone is planning any kind of function I would advise you to ask for Steven to take care of your every need.

1 Thank davina02
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us for a family wedding. I have passed your kind comments onto Stephen and Siobhan and the rest of our team. We are indeed very proud of them and the standards of service that they provide. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Northern Ireland
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Booked the Sunday carvery for our Grandsons Christening and what a treat, they gave us a seperate room at no chargefor our group which was set up perfectly. The food, staff and the general vibe of this hotel was fantastic. Although we didnt stay in any of the bedrooms I cant comment on these but im sure they are of the same high quality.
Definately recommend to anyone.

1 Thank Pete S
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your Sunday Carvery lunch. I have passed your kind comments onto our team and we look forward to welcoming you all again soon.
Carndonagh
Reviewed March 9, 2013

If you're from Euroland you'd better eat somewhere else. The don't accept Euros from anyone other than residents and then the exchange rate is dire. Either have your sterling ready or go elsewhere. Lunchtime carvery was very good but we were lucky not to have finished up washing dishes.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I am sorry to hear we refused your payment in Euros. Our policy is that the restaurants do not accept Euros as they do not have exchange facilities at the tills. However you should have been given the opportunity to exchange your Euros at the main hotel reception desk. I will look into this matter and I appreciate you taking the time to point this out and give us the opportunity to amend before offence is caused to other customers.
Belfast
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here for a family birthday, for one night. The hotel is clean and tidy. The staff are friendly and helpful. Service at dinner was rather slow, took over three hours to serve our table but on the up side the food was very good. The rooms were big and comfortable and had all the usual amenities. Got a good sleep and woke up to a decent breakfast. Would stay again..

1 Thank redave
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thankyou for your review. It is nice to hear you will stay with us again. I am concerned about the speed of food service as we have a policy that customers service should be maximum 30 minutes unless it is a extremely busy night and then it may take up to 1 hour. I will look into the matter and perhaps when you return you will receive our usual speedy service. Thanks again.
Portstewart, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Went here last night with family members for evening meal....I have been here many times in the past and was again expecting great things.....but alas, myself and other members of my family where left feeling slightly disappointed in the standard of the food. To start with, my partner had ordered the "gammon and pineapple" which came covered in slightly melted cheese...nothing wrong in that, but when she "stripped" this back to take a look at the gammon she found (to her horror) a great string of very fatty rind around the edge of her gammon. My partner found this very "off putting" and had to enjure loking at it on the side of her plate for the entire meal. I think this dish would be better served if the rind would be removed prior to serving. Three members of my family had the sirloin steak with pepper sauce and they all found the pepper sauce to be far to strong and extremely overpowering...a less "explosive" pepper sauce would certainly be a recommendation, and allow the customer to taste and enjoy what might have been a very tasty steak. My partner had ordered "cheesey champ" but received chilli cheesey champ(without the spring onion)instead, which again was very overpowering and for the most part left uneaten..I myself had the ribeye steak which I found to be highly enjoyable and without fault...although I have to say my garlic fries lacked garlic but made up for it in butter.

After a brief chat we, as a family unit scored the main course 7 out of a possible 10..quite a disappointing score as this restaurant has scored full marks from me so many times in the past. Some of my party ( including myself ) had a dessert and those that did really enjoyed it. The service was faultless as always...just a pity that the food didn't match it. We won't let these above mentioned issues detour us from returning to the lodge hotel in the future but we will be very shy of the pepper sauce and the fatty rind. As the saying goes, you can please some of the people some of the time.....but you can't please all of the people all of the time...I still recommend the lodge hotel for something to eat at a nice price....but beware the pepper sauce, chilli cheesey champ, fatty rind and the chilli onion strips.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
14 Thank batmansnr
Norma W, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thankyou for your review. I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed a few meals in the past and that this must have been a "one off". I have passed your comments unto the head chef, and he has requested that the next time you visit, if you have any cause for complaint to inform him right away and he will be happy to amend there and then. Thank you once again and look forward to having you visit our restaurant in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleraine
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
#4 of 8 in Portrush
Causeway Hotel
Causeway Hotel
#3 of 3 in Bushmills

Been to Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!