“Don't ask for the advertised Tea Time Treat!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lodge Hotel

Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coleraine
Northern Ireland
“Don't ask for the advertised Tea Time Treat!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Went in on Sat 5 May at 6 pm after seeing the Tea Time Treat advertised on two separate signs outside. An unfriendly waitress showed us to a table, and reached us a menu. I asked could we have the Tea Time Treat - but the answer was 'It's full!' so why it is advertised outside, and why does the sign not say Limited Availability?

The North Coast has so many events this summer, a golden opportunity for local hoteliers to showcase their establishments - but with service like this I wouldn't recommend The Lodge Hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JanT63
Norma W, General Manager at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2012
Sorry to read you were disappointed with our service provided on Saturday 5th May. The menu referred to (tea time treat) is indeed very popular, and the demand recently is proving to be much higher than normal, so much so, that we may have to look at extending the seating area allocated for this menu. We would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention, and hopefully this one visit will not deter you from visiting again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Kircubbin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Lodge Hotel for one night - I was sorry we weren't staying longer. The staff were really friendly - from the receptionists right through to the staff in the breakfast restaurant - they couldn't do enough for us. The hotel had a lovely relaxed atmosphere and yet I found the service etc to be very efficient.

We were accommodated in the annex - big rooms, spotlessly clean...great value. In fact the tea and coffee facilities included biscuits....little details like that are sadly missing from the majority of establishments now...but not 'The Lodge'.

I would highly recommend 'The Lodge Hotel' to anyone looking for a break on the North Coast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thankyou for your kind comments. I will pass them on to our members of staff. Look forward to your staying again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

Visited this hotel last week to stay with my family. The restaurant was really busy, dont think I have seen so many people coming and going in such a short space of time, but the staff seemed to cope really well and were very pleasant and could not do enough for my son. Food excellent. Think the name of the guy looking after us was Niall he is a great asset. Would highly recommend the Lodge for a meal.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Myles E
bonniebud, Manager at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thankyou very much for your kind comments. It is good to know our staff took care of you, hopefully we will see you when you visit this area again.
Coleraine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was in a group of 4 for a meal at the Lodge on Tuesday night 10 April. The wiatress made a mistake with my order and brought me the wrong order. When advised of her error, she immediately took the dish away and returned with a manager. At this stage I felt this simple matter would be sorted, as I was now dealing with a manager, someone who should have the training and capability to deal with a simple customer service issue. However, to my astonishment, this manager snatched my plate away and headed towards the kitchen, without explanation, apology or clarifying my order. I was left waiting and without a meal for 15 minutes, after which time this so called manager returned with the same incorrect order and placd it down loudly infront of me without explanation. This charmer immediatelt rushe away.I was furious. I have never experienced such disregard for customer service and such an inability to deal with a simple issue. The restaurant was completely disorganised and service and the food was poor at best. I later approached the manager in private and he offered an apology of sorts, stating he was not to blame because he usually worked in another restaurant, where I can only customer service is an alien practice. This excuse for a manager ruined my evening, I couldn't eat the meal and I felt my complaint was never taken seriously. I had expected the manager to at least delete the item from the bill, but then that might be satisfying the customer, which according to my experience, is not a priority at the Lodge. I would not recommend the restaurant or bistro and I would never, ever, dine at this place again. McDonald'd would provide a better quality customer service and at least employ managers who undestand the iportance of customer service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Miranda C
bonniebud, Owner at Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
We would just like to apologise for your disappointment during a visit to our hotel on Easter Tuesday. The behaviour as explained is completely unacceptable. If you would like to take this matter further or speak to someone in person, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel and speak to our General Manager - Carol Campbell.
Co Down
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed here for one night with family at easter and had no complaints. Great value for money with excellent family room and good breakfast. Very handy location for shopping in coleraine, sightseeing in portrush/portstewart or touring about. Will definately go back!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Coisty09
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

Had our wedding here in 2008 and the staff were outstanding. we could not have faulted the food in anyway whatsoever and they could not have done enough to make our day special. we had quite a few family members staying in the hotel and travel stop and the only quam one had was that there wasnt enough biscuits in the room!! we stayed in the honeymoon suite and it is gorgeous! amazing bath and bed!! all in all i think the lodge hotel is lovely, and its reception area has just had a facelift within the past year and it has made it even more beautiful! would reccomend this as a good base to explore the north coast!!

Room Tip: Honey moon suite is stunning!! If you have mobility problems, you will need to go into the travel st...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alison2603
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed here for just one night. Very happy with accommodation for the price charged. The place was buzzing on the Saturday night and we could have sold our seats over again! Food excellent and all staff extremely friendly and helpful. Would definitely return if in the area. Locals use it a lot as it is the most convenient location for many villages around.

Room Tip: If there on a Saturday night choose to stay in the Travelstop rooms as otherwise you will be kept aw...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bonvivant064
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleraine
Premier Inn Coleraine Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae
Royal Court Hotel
Royal Court Hotel
#3 of 8 in Portrush

Been to Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!