“Lovely house, walk to town, awesome staff”
Review of Breezemount Manor

Breezemount Manor
Ranked #17 of 19 Coleraine B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed one night at the Breezemount House. Pete the innkeeper was so kind and helpful both at check in and check out. The room was clean and large with seperate bedroom, bathroom, living area and small kitchenette. It was nice to walk around town before dinner and hitting a few pubs. Cute little town. Great for a one night stop.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lovemytanner
breezemount, Manager at Breezemount Manor, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Many thanks for your kind words. It was great to welcome you to Breezemount House and hope you return again in the future.
Pete

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed here, whilst our house was getting rennovated. We were in a room with a lovely wee living room and kitchen. Breakfast in the mornings was lovely and the lady i think her name was sandra couldnt do enough for us. the girl who cleaned the place was soo sweet and i would love to go back again for a night away. if you want a home from home in a beautiful setting choose here!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alison2603
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Lovely ladies showing warm friendly hospitality! Rooms were inviting and the tv was a bonus I wasn't expecting. Very accommodating even driving me downtown to catch the train when it was lashing. Thankyou for a fantastic end to my Ireland adventure

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Rkerr123
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My husband and I were so fortunate to stay in the beautiful Breezemount House B'n'B in April, 2011, while visiting our son who was an American exchange student at The University of Ulster in Coleraine, Northern Ireland. Picked the Breezemount because of its beauty, history and location. This elegant 19th century house was the childhood home of Hugh Thomson, the illustrator of Dickens and Jane Austen books. It was comfortable, very well kept,and a short walk to the beautiful downtown of Coleraine with its charming downtown, cute shops, pubs and friendly residents. The Breezemount staff was very helpful and friendly as was the owner Mr. Wallace. We enjoyed several interesting, helpful conversations with him about his family, the story of The Breezemount House, and helpful
tips for sightseeing in the area. Interesting sights included The Giants Causeway, the Bushmills Distillery, Dunluce Castle, the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, the City of Derry, the port towns of Portrush and Portstewart with the beautiful beach, the Strand The University of Ulster, and the Ulster-American Folk Park.
We found the accommodations in The Bishop's Room(actually an apartment with a large bedroom with large, long windows, a sitting room, a bath and a kitchen) to be lovely, comfortable, and clean. We especially enjoyed our Irish breakfasts in the sunny dining room.
The only problem at all was the lack of hot water in the first couple days of our five-day stay.
A maintenance problem was fixed fairly quickly. Other than that, we had a wonderful, memorable stay in Coleraine, Northern Ireland.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Flo B
Reviewed October 21, 2011

My family and I (6 adults) took a 10-day roadtrip across Ireland in late September/early October of 2010. We stayed in a different B&B each night. The Breezemount House was our 2nd night in Ireland and it was by far my favorite place that we stayed! It was within walking distance to the town of Coleraine including pubs and restaurants. Our room was on the 2nd floor. It was huge! The corner room had a king-size bed, huge, beautiful windows, and a bathroom ensuite. I will say that this particular B&B was more like staying at a hotel than a traditional B&B. There was not the same homey, get-to-know-the-owners vibe that we had with other B&Bs. Our parents stayed in the private apartment on the back of the property (not connected to the main house) with their own sitting room and laundry facility! Breakfast the next morning was downstairs in the atrium. There were cold items (cereal, yogurt, etc) as well as a hot, traditional Irish breakfast (which is what I had). We spent the day at Dunluce Castle, Giants Causeway, and the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge before checking in here for the evening. I would highly recommend this place due to its proximity to area attractions and town as well as size and comfort of the room.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank AllycatMKE
breezemount, Manager at Breezemount Manor, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2011

Dear alleycatMKE, thank you for comments. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and ranked us as your favorite B and B in Ireland. I would love to welcome you back to Breezemount in the future.
Kind regards,
Pete Simpson

Reviewed August 29, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed hereNfld one night on our 2 week tour around Ireland.
We checked in and the girl, who wasnt particularly friendly, showed us to our room. They stuck us in the attic in a room where my boyfriend wasn't even able to stand up. I could only stand beside the bed. The only window was a skylight and we couldn't get any fresh air. The room was stuffy and the bathroom was too small to shower. There was no space between the toilet and shower stall. My 6 foot 4 inch boyfriend hardly had enough space to brush his teeth, nevermind use the toilet or shower. The bathroom floor also seemed pretty dirty.

Our "double" bed was two single beds pushed together and we could not sleep in the middle because we could feel the gap in the middle. My pillow had a stain but luckily there was an extra one on the single bed that seemed clean.

The house used to be family-run but isn't anymore. There was no hospitality like you would expect.

The last inconvenience was the fire alarm (possibly a test??) that went off first thing in the morning. We didn't really know what happened...

The only good thing we had to say was that the lady in the morning was very friendly but the breakfast was similar to every other B&B we stayed at.

I'm sure there are nice rooms with windows but for $115 (Canadian) we could have stayed in a much, much, nicer place!!

Over the last 6 years, I have stayed in nicer, cleaner HOSTELS around Ireland and can't believe this place is getting away with presenting this room as a "quality" guestroom.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Jenben1984
Reviewed July 2, 2011

If you are interested in old architecture this place will intrigue you! It is very well maintained but retains much of it's original beauty. Friendly hosts, great breakfast. Well worth the visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JaniceScott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleraine
Lodge Hotel
#8 of 19 in Coleraine
Hall's Farmhouse B & B
Hall's Farmhouse B & B
#9 of 19 in Coleraine

Been to Breezemount Manor? Share your experiences!