I've been meaning to write this review for sometime now. I got married at the Bushtown hotel on Saturday 1st October 2011. I had never stayed nor eaten in the hotel before but we booked based on the friendly staff, local feedback and a package deal. At first I was unsure of our decision. I thought I'd prefer the glitz and glam of one of NI's more well known showcase hotels. The more we met with the Bushtown, the more I realised how wrong I was and the ore comfortable we got with our choice. On the day itself, we couldn't have wished for more from the location, the food, the staff and the management. My wife and I and all of our guests were treated like royalty. We arrived to be presented with champagne from the mangager, complimentary drinks in our room, a personal wedding co-ordinator. (Who would give any Wedding coodinator run for their money!) Any request no matter how sillly or outrageous was met for us in an instant.
Our reception was carried out to perfection. All of our guests complimented on the freidnly service. (always with a smile) and the quality of the food. We got restaurant standard food for 150 guests. Of 150 guests, about 40 of us stayed at the Bushtown that night. (Not sure if i should say this but..) we drank to the wee small hours and although courteous to our sleeping guests, the night porter allowed us to have a really good time, whilst keeping the noise down of course.
The honeymoon suite was devine. Recently re-decorated with a new bathroom. The had great charachter but all the mod-cons too! To wrap it up... I was pleasently suprised by the quality of service at the Bushtown but most of all, I realised something about myself too. It's much more important to be well looked after and allowed to be yourself and have a good time and I'd pick the charactor, great food and personal service of the Bushtown over any over priced branded hotel everytime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bushtown Hotel & Country Club is set amidst mature woodland on the outskirts of the university town of Coleraine & is only a stone's throw from the beautiful Causeway Coast and Antrim Glens. Recently Awarded Best Hotel Restaurant 2010 and is a member of Taste of Ulster guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Bushtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bushtown Hotel And Country
- The Bushtown Hotel Coleraine, Northern Ireland