“A hidden gem on the north coast.”
Review of The Bushtown Hotel

The Bushtown Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Coleraine
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem on the north coast.”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I've been meaning to write this review for sometime now. I got married at the Bushtown hotel on Saturday 1st October 2011. I had never stayed nor eaten in the hotel before but we booked based on the friendly staff, local feedback and a package deal. At first I was unsure of our decision. I thought I'd prefer the glitz and glam of one of NI's more well known showcase hotels. The more we met with the Bushtown, the more I realised how wrong I was and the ore comfortable we got with our choice. On the day itself, we couldn't have wished for more from the location, the food, the staff and the management. My wife and I and all of our guests were treated like royalty. We arrived to be presented with champagne from the mangager, complimentary drinks in our room, a personal wedding co-ordinator. (Who would give any Wedding coodinator run for their money!) Any request no matter how sillly or outrageous was met for us in an instant.

Our reception was carried out to perfection. All of our guests complimented on the freidnly service. (always with a smile) and the quality of the food. We got restaurant standard food for 150 guests. Of 150 guests, about 40 of us stayed at the Bushtown that night. (Not sure if i should say this but..) we drank to the wee small hours and although courteous to our sleeping guests, the night porter allowed us to have a really good time, whilst keeping the noise down of course.

The honeymoon suite was devine. Recently re-decorated with a new bathroom. The had great charachter but all the mod-cons too! To wrap it up... I was pleasently suprised by the quality of service at the Bushtown but most of all, I realised something about myself too. It's much more important to be well looked after and allowed to be yourself and have a good time and I'd pick the charactor, great food and personal service of the Bushtown over any over priced branded hotel everytime!

Room Tip: If you want a night to remember, book the honeymoon suite if it's available - you'll not reg...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank beacon13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Just had our xmas party at the Bushtown and a few of us stayed over for the night. We all thought it was a bit early to get into the xmas spirit but we had no trouble getting into the swing of it after arriving at the Bushtown! From the fairy lights outside to the gorgeous real xmas tree inside, the xmas carols in the background and warm inviting atmosphere were only an appitiser to the great nite we had ahead! The xmas dinner was second to none and i am positive no one left the table hungry! The staff made the nite fun and lively and the entertainment was spot on! We went to bed in a lovely room to rest our aching legs from all the dancing and woke up to a supper breakfast before heading home still in xmas spirits! Thank u Bushtown!

• Stayed December 2011
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Had Christmas party in the Bushtown on Friday night, atmosphere festive, staff so friendly and helpful, entertainment excellent and food to die for, well done Bushtown.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dungannon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Just returned from a weekend awwy at the Bushtown Hotel. Had a great time, the food was fantastic as always, the enterntment was was first class. The staff are as friendly and helpfull as they always have been ever since my first stay at the Bushtown. I look forward to another stay there very soon. Bridie in Dungannon

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank bridiemck1
Ballyclare, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My wife and I stayed 2 nights in this hotel over the half term break, with our 4 year old twins.

I was delighted that all 4 of us got something out of the break. Our family room was massive, with the kids having their own seperate room, off the main room
The room decor was nice, and houskeeping did a great job. The bedrooms/bathroom were spotless on arrival, and despite the best efforts of our kids, we'll serviced during our stay.

The deal which we'd went for included 1 nights dinner. The food quality and portions were so good that we ate in the restaurant a second night.

What surprised me most was how relaxing the hotel was. although we visited during half term, when there wer plenty of other young families in the hotel, it didn't have the refugee camp experience that some of my friends had, staying at 4 star hotels over the same period.

The big draw for us was that the hotel had a pool, for our kids (we managed 4 trips to it during a 2 night stay) During half-term the hotel provided lots of floats and balls, rubber rings, for the kids to have a pool party, which seemd to go down well with everyone. This brings me to my big critisism.
The pool area is really dingy. I can't say it was unclean, but it looked really rundown. This is pretty inexcusable because it wouldn't cost much to put right, and it let the overall experience down soo much for me.

In the pool area, I counted 8 light units. Only 2 of them were working, so you can guess how bright the pool area was around twilight. The changing area reminded me of school days. As I say I couldn't complain about cleanliness, buta bit of a spruce up, would make a good investment.

Would I stay here again. Yes definately. The location is great, with plenty of alternative things to see/do, whatever the weather and the overall experience was relaxed and enjoyable, which is what we were looking for.

Room Tip: We had room 40 which was front facing, well away from the main concourse area, so a good place to ge...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank WintersTale
northern ireland
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Fab food here nice atmosphere and great value for money def recommend for a nice dinner!!

• Stayed June 2011
NEWRY
Reviewed October 5, 2011

First class people work in this hotel.The food is really good. Rooms clean & tidy. The wi-fi was being updated went I was last there.Only thing negative is the bathroom fittings need updated.This hotel was that good I took are staff coures to it and our people love it. The roads system is always clear and parking is easy.
If you fish, shoot or golf this is the best place to stay they have brilliant salmon & trout rivers, bogs & moors all around and the best golf courses in ireland

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleraine
Lodge Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bushmills
Cromore Halt Inn
Cromore Halt Inn
#1 of 4 in Portstewart

Been to The Bushtown Hotel? Share your experiences!