“Great hotel for a relaxing stay”
Review of The Bushtown Hotel

The Bushtown Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Coleraine
“Great hotel for a relaxing stay”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Due to reviews of this hotel I decided to stay here with my girlfriend last week. we had a really relaxing time and will definitely be back again. the bushtown has a very warm and cosy feeling. it has the comfort of being at home with luxury of being at a hotel. I am very adventurous with regard to food and this hotel did not disappoint. The staff are always polite and very helpful. i have stayed in a lot of hotels in my time and i would easily rate this hotel as one of my favourites. it's a cliché but it really does feel like a home away from home...however i don't think Im as good a cook :-)

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
belfast n.ireland
Reviewed April 28, 2011

We have just returned from a 3 night stay ,myself and 4 children .The reason i choose this hotel was because we wanted to do to do a little bit of sightseeing and thankfully we got the most beautiful weather to do so.Our overall experience was excellent as my children do enjoy a good meal and as was said before the food was great. The other thing that was a must for us was a swimming pool and again the children enjoyed it although the area is kept clean it is shabby in decor the same can be said about the rooms ,clean fresh linen ,large bath towels,hot powerful shower but dated decor.The staff were friendly and helpful at meal times (this was really our only contact with staff)Kevin and Michael were our main servers and we were very happy with both ,but i have to say Michael was very eifficent and really knew his job !!! one thing i didnt notice was who really was incharge,in most hotels owners/managers make their presence felt but this was not the case.Overall we had a great stay and would visit this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I have stayed at the Bushtown many times over the past couple of years. Whilst it maintains the family run characteristics, my last visit has prompted this review. It was 5 months since my last visit and some things disappointed me. The food at dinner time remains the best value for money in the North West, bit on the accomodation side I feel certain things have started to slip. We stayed in Room 7 on Saturday past and were wakened several times during the night by other Indian residents knocking our door. On Sunday after breakfast my wife had a shower, and no matter what we tried it would NOT shut off. We raised this with reception who told us there would be someone with us shortly but by the time we checked out at 11.45 the shower was still flowing. We did mention it again at reception. My other gripe is the standard of the TVs in the room. Great, there is now a flat screen 22" but only has BBC1 and 2 Channel 4 ITV1 RTE1 and TG4. BBC2 and ITV are so scrambled they were unwatchable. I remember staying over the Christmas package a couple of years ago and all the rooms had free view. What happened? It would strike me as not a great venue to bring the kids to - I mean you can no longer entertain them with Childrens TV. I ordered a pint of Harp for my wife and I and was astounded to hear it was now £6.20, Hotel prices granted, but not 2 or 3 star prices. We made a quick exit to Garvagh where we found a bar with a TV in it (another gripe) and it was £2.60 a pint. Another thing I find worrying is the big turnover of staff. We became friendly and on first name terms with a lot of the staff and were surprised and disappointed when we checked in on each occasion an increasing number have left and have been replaced. We had intended booking for Christmas but based on last weekends experiences I thing the White Horse in Campsie might be a better choice. As I said food is to die for but food alone cannot compensate for what I consider to be a small hotel which needs a fresh approach.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dungannon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I have stayed at the Bushtown a number of time in the last three years, and look forward to every chance I get to go there. The food and entertainment is first class. The Hotel its self is v well run by the owener, managment and all staff . Friendly and very willing to attend to any thing I requested. Rooms are comefortable and very clean. I look forward to my next trip. Bridie Dungannon

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Portrush, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I’m a computer programmer over form South Africa, I recently visited the Bushtown and when I was leaving they asked me if I enjoyed my stay to drop a review on this site.
The main thing I liked about the Bushtown was that the they really had time for me, made the food just the way I liked it and did their best to accommodate my requests even when what I asked for wasn’t on their menu and when we asked for Virgin Cocktails that they haven’t heard off they jumped on the internet and looked them up. It has an old Ireland feel to it and breaks the cookie cutter feel of other places I have been to so to sum up the accommodation is comfortable, the staff is friendly, the food is good and I would visit there again

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Me and my husband stayed at the Bushtown in December. The place was warm and cosy throughout. Could be better if it was closer to amenities in the town centre, only as we are getting old and with the bad weather.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2011

My partner and I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel recently, my first visit, not his! I can thoroughly recommend The Bushtown for location - Coleraine is a beautiful place and very friendly people, for personal service and especially for the food - the medallions of steak are to die for! Its a lovely place to relax (after a long day shopping) and quiet and one of the few places that make breakfast to order

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleraine
Lodge Hotel
#5 of 8 in Portrush
Royal Court Hotel
Royal Court Hotel
#3 of 8 in Portrush

Been to The Bushtown Hotel? Share your experiences!