“Couldn't be better!”

Premier Inn Coleraine Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Coleraine
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed here last weekend, we were in a group of 3 couples and it suited us all perfectly. The rooms are spotless and the service both on reception and in the adjoinging restaurant was second to none. The staff genuinely seem to love their jobs. We will definately return for a wee night away soon.

• Stayed: January 2014
Leanne B, Manager at Premier Inn Coleraine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to hear you are happy with the service you received, we are proud to be known for our level of customer service. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn soon. Have a good day.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Coleraine Hotel

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Recently stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and the staff couldn't do enough, polite and friendly at reception. And the food in the attached restaurant is good and the service is excellent. Would definitely return.

Stayed: January 2014

Good morning, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and also enjoyed your meals in our restaurant. I will pass your comments on to all the team. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stopped for one night. This is a great clean hotel. The Staff were very friendly. Good location and plenty of parking. They have security doors which are controlled by the night porter and receptionist.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Leanne B, Manager at Premier Inn Coleraine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Coleraine Premier Inn. It remains our objective to provide a high standard of service and I am very happy that you feel we achieved this. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed at the Premier Inn (for the second time) over Christmas (25th-28th) in Coleraine. Booked and paid for it in advance for an amazing £29 per night. Once again the standard throughout was excellent and we had 'great nights sleep.' While the rooms may be basic they are totally fine and spotlessly clean. We were visiting friends and relatives for the main meals but we enjoyed an excellent breakfast in the adjoining restaurant. All-in-all an excellent hotel where it does what it says on the tin!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Leanne B, Manager at Premier Inn Coleraine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us over the festive period. Christmas is a special time and we are glad to be able to share it with all of our guests. It's great to know you benefited from some of our amazing Premier Saver £29 rooms, they really are unbeatable. Again, thank you for your lovely comments; I will pass them on to the team and the kitchen. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn soon and of course for a third Christmas.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We just returned from our new year break up the north coast and I can't believe I haven't reviewed this hotel before, my family and I have been staying here for a number of years. As it's a premier inn, you generally know what you're getting, which tends to be a modern room, at a good price. We have always enjoyed our stays here, the hotel is a great base for the North coast and the facilities suit a family really well. I have to say on this most recent occasion, there were a few little housekeeping things that could have been improved and the air conditioning def needs some work, we had 3 pretty uncomfortable nights due to the temperature of our room being very warm, although the kids weren't bothered by this. However, it is the service of the staff at this hotel that I cannot say enough about. In the 4-5 years we have been visiting the staff have always been great. They are attentive and friendly, they will do whatever they can to help you. On check in during our recent stay, there was a minor error with our room, it really wasn't a big deal, but Julie the receptionist was very apologetic and went out of her way to make sure we were happy. The bar and restaurant staff are the same. This kind of service is really important to us particularly as we have 4 kids and really appreciate the relaxed atmosphere at this hotel because of the great attitude of the staff. This is the main reason that we return to this hotel time and time again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor may be preferable if you don't want to risk hearing people walking on the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Leanne B, Manager at Premier Inn Coleraine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear you are a returning guest and are happy with the service you receive when you and your family stay with us. Your comments have been noted and I assure you, action will be taken to ensure we provide the best rooms possible for our guests. Once again, thank you for your lovely comments, I will pass them on to the team. We hope to welcome you and your family back to Premier inn soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The staff here were very helpful from day 1 until checkout. The check-in process was a breeze and similar for checkout.

The location is convenient both for popping into the town but also traveling elsewhere as well. There is a bar and a restaurant attached to the property. We had lunch there one day and it was quite good but I can't comment on breakfast. Mostly we popped in for pints at the end of a long day. Prices for drinks are about average. Better prices can be found at Wetherspoons (about 1mile away) but for convenience I don't mind a few extra pennies here and there.

The rooms themselves are well kept, especially for a cheap/budget hotel. Our room was very clean and was taken care of well throughout our stay. The beds were our only real issue with this hotel. I don't expect too much from a budget hotel but I have to say these beds gave myself and my husband some of the worst back pain. The top of the mattress is very thin so expect to feel the coils beneath you and expect the mattresses to be very firm. If you are a couple, expect to bounce each other around at night (and not in a good way!) if you toss and turn.

We also had a noisy a/c unit, but remedied this by just switching it off. While leaving one day we heard one other couple commenting that their unit was noisy as well. It may be time for some maintenance I think!

Overall it's not a bad spot for a couple of nights, but don't plan on staying too long as you will be tired your entire trip from lack of sleep.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Leanne B, Manager at Premier Inn Coleraine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay with Premier Inn. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occassion our hotel did not meet your expectations. If you wouldn't mind contacting me directly on pitlcoleraine@whitbread.com. Please be aware that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I reviewed this hotel when it opened and have stayed frequently since.
Most things have stayed the same. Great staff. Great beds. Housekeeping excellent. Some improvements have included much better value wifi, menu improvements etc.
One thing that hasn't changed is the really awful coffee at breakfast. But, that's my only complaint in an otherwise consistently well run hotel brand.
So far as I know, this is the only decent hotel option in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay. I am so glad to hear you are a returning guest and still enjoy your time spent with us at Premier Inn. We aim to please all our guests in every aspect of their stay and hopefully we can welcome you back in the future.Once again thank you for lovely comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coleraine
Lodge Hotel
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
The Bushmills Inn Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bushmills
Portrush Atlantic Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Coleraine Hotel? Share your experiences!