“Not A Bad Place!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Banbridge
Dublin, Ireland
“Not A Bad Place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed for one night and satisfied with it :)

Girl on check in wasn't the most friendly but none the less we got checked in within a few minutes... My room was very big and spacious.. Only complaint about my room was it was too warm I had to remove blankets from the bed so I could sleep comfortably. The dinner was lovely, wow couldn't fault it and a very reasonable price! The wifi in the hotel doesnt work in the rooms but luckily they had a computer I could use free of charge :) The breakfast the following morning was not the best I have experienced but still I enjoyed the small bit I had.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OM12334

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Portadown, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

3 of us called in on new years day as we expected usual good food, 1 ordered haddock,none left changed to sea bass which was the best meal.1 ordered stir fry which came out cold sent it back, slight improvement but looked like stew with raw noodles sent it back didn.t have anything.the chicken dish was sent back as had plastic in it, replaced with chips which were good but didn't need a hotel menu to get plate of chips. We were only charged for the one meal but will not be in a hurry back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jss79
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I had a meal at this hotel last night and quite frankly I am afraid to write this review for fear of letting the world know what an amazing place it is and not being able to get a booking when we want to return!

We had the steak meal with chips, onion rings and pepper sauce. The steak was so amazing, succulent, juicy and cooked to perfection. We didn't have the pepper sauce for fear of masking the flavour of the steak. The chips and onion rings were delicious and in abundance. Nothing was too much trouble for the attentive, well trained staff which added to our perfect night out. You will not be disappointed! Do not heed the spiteful rantings of any previous negative reviewers who have little better to do than ruin the reputation of a wonderful place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bobbikins
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We recently stayed in this hotel for the Gospel Fest nearby and had a lovely weekend. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The bedroom was beautifully clean and spacious. The food was really great served up with a smile. Would choose this hotel if staying in Northern Ireland again.

Room Tip: Our room looked over the woodland part of the garden and was very quiet, could recommed it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Colaud
Armagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is quite a small Hotel (24 rooms I think) This place is a hidden gem. Really nice staff, really nice owners (they had breakfast with us and asked us how they could improve) Well Dessie let me tell you, just keep doing things as you are. Spotless rooms, spotless clean sheets, spotless everything. I give you 11 out of 10 I hope more travellers stay with you. BTW you should charge a lot more. $89 all in including a double room, a Main meal for two And breakfast.

Room Tip: This is a Country Hotel In the Middle of Ireland. All windows look out on green hills, trees and val...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Banbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

My wife and I eat here at least a couple of times a month, and we love it! The food is absolutely delicious - particularly the Carvery on Sunday's and the Roast Beed and Turkey Dinners! The hotel is family-ran and everyone is so friendly and lovely! They make sure you have the best dining experience and leave you very satisfied. The price is extremely reasonable as it's probably the cheapest in Town for the quality of food! Their food specials are always up-todate and new offers are always on the go! Fantastic. Well done Banville House Hotel, we will see you soon!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

I took my mother for a meal here today and wont be back ordered roast beef for myself and pensioners special ,When it eventually arrived ithere was 2 slices of beef and one tiny roast potato each veg was nearly raw and the mash was yesterdays The guy hovering around us wallpapering probably used it as wall filler very disappointed The Banville used to be very good my only regret it not getting up and walking out!!!!!! £12.50 wasted!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank gary a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banbridge
Premier Inn Lisburn Hotel
#1 of 4 in Banbridge
Blackwell House
Blackwell House
#1 of 2 in Scarva

Been to Bannville House Hotel? Share your experiences!