“Great Stopover”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Banbridge
Downshire Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Banbridge
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here alone on business. Staff fantastic, food fantastic, room & facilities fantastic. All in all... Fantastic :0) Would definately recommend this hotel and would stay again. Nice friendly bar, feels like a good local pub also on site.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dave W
There are newer reviews for Downshire Arms Hotel

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Would just like to say a massive thank you to the Downshire Arms Hotel staff and management for making my husbands surprise 60th party such a success. From the moment I enquired about the party until the last guest had left the staff bent over backwards to ensure that everything ran smoothly and they even managed to keep me calm and relaxed.
Our guests have told me how devine the finger buffet was unfortunately we didn't sample it as we had already had a superb meal in the dining room and had no room left to taste the tantellising finger buffett.
I would recommend The Downshire for any kind of party or celebration you are having and as my husband said after he got over the shock of the party "THREE CHEERS FOR THE DOWNSHIRE"

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank lizg636
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Once again we visited this wonderful hotel in Banbridge. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, especially Kelly, Chelsea, Steven, Debbie Ann, Holly, Kelly, Anna, in fact all of them. A great friendly place to stay & the food is amazing & very well priced! We stayed over a week & ate in most nights. The breakfast is excellent, thank you James & Aidan, also thanks to Liz & Nigel. Stay here if you're in the area!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Dawn J
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in January with my mother. This hotel has wonderful character, is well located and has free parking. The rooms were of a high standard, very clean, warm and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and the food we ate in the cosy bar was also very good. It does get busy in the bar, particularly at the weekend giving the place a buzzing atmosphere. To complete an excellent hotel experience the staff were friendly and very helpful.

I will definitely book into this hotel again when next visiting Ireland!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Leslea100
Reviewed February 26, 2014

traveled the world stayed in hong kong thailand singapore dubai sydney (derry city) must say of all the hotels i have stayed in i must say the downshire arms hotel has to be the best hotel i have stayed in before i booked in i asked the mangement (james) if he could have floweres and irish meat at the hotel for me to take back to england and it was all there on my arival my room was better than some of the 5 stars that i have stayed in from around the world the food was just out of this world if you want a irish welcome this hotel is the one to stay in i now have told all my friends when going to northern Ireland this is the hotel to stop of at,nothing can be to much to ask for,from the hotel maids to the chefs to the fantastic receptionist's,breakfast in the morning was much better than your full English i asked for white pudding and they went out in the town and bought it for me and had it on my plate in the morning. if you want this hotel book now. thank you from the bottom of my heart for a fantastic stay eugine martin gallagher a happy happy customer

Room Tip: just ring the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 420eugene_3000
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Visited the Downshire with my wife last night for a meal. Everything was excellent from start to finish. Nice menu, very reasonable prices, generous portions, attentive staff and beautifully cooked food! Not to mention a great atmosphere.

***Big thanks to Liz at reception for getting us a table as we hadn't booked.***

The Downshire is definitely worth a visit if you are in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colin M
Reviewed January 25, 2014

What can I say after coming here for many years yet again another beautiful lunch, great service friendly staff and great value for a Saturday lunch. After shopping all afternoon went back for a drink. The Downshire never disappoints love it - keep up the good work Nigel and your team.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ruth b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banbridge
Belmont Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portadown
Armagh City Hotel
Armagh City Hotel
#1 of 2 in Armagh

Been to Downshire Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!