“Fab”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Banbridge
Downshire Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Banbridge
Reviewed January 25, 2014

What can I say after coming here for many years yet again another beautiful lunch, great service friendly staff and great value for a Saturday lunch. After shopping all afternoon went back for a drink. The Downshire never disappoints love it - keep up the good work Nigel and your team.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ruth b

Reviewed January 20, 2014

From the moment we arrived we the staff could not have made more friendly and welcoming. For instance there was no problem printing our boarding passes for the flight home. The food was top quality and plentiful. The bar was very good with a wide variety of well kept beers, the Guinness in particularly was very tasty. Whilst using the bar we were made to feel very welcome by both staff and locals. The rooms are fairly large, clean and comfortable. If you are in this area I would definitely recommend this hotel, a top notch stay.

Room Tip: The room above the bar can be quite noisy, so either join them in the bar or ask for a room away fro...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Went to the Downshire Arms Hotel on Sunday past for bar snacks. Kids had burger and chips very nice (burger home made) garlic chips are lush. I had a gourmet burger on a bed of champ with mushrooms and onions and pepper sauce. It was absolutely delicious. My hubby had the Sunday dinner again very nice. Big portions, very well fed. They had a fire drill on Sunday... very exciting for our children as obsessed with Fireman Sam so extra bonus for that wet cold day. Also it was nice to know they could handle a crisis if it ever arose.. Great service and good value for money. Highly recommend. We will be back again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Went on a Sunday evening with the family. Food was extremely tasty. We had the beef and bird and Floyd's Australian chicken ....garlic potatoes, mash and chips all very enjoyable. Would definetly recommend

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed December 24, 2013

My friend and I spent the weekend at the Downshire. The twin room was spacious and extremely comfortable with all amenities you would require. The hotel is very clean. The staff and the locals are very friendly and welcoming. Food in the hotel is excellent. If you want a break in the area we would highly recommend a stay here

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Helenjacqueline
Reviewed November 30, 2013

After a terrible drive and cold, unpleasant, hotel in Dublin, well, here were lost in "nord iron" (north Ireland to you). We are from California and driving on the other side of the road was, well, hard. It was getting late and we had lost contact with my cousin in Belfast. My husband declared we'll stay here until we figure out what we are doing. We were in the town of Banbridge. We drove about 2 miles. Saw a sign "Downshire Arms Hotel." We thought hey what the heck. Finally found the front door (it's on the back). They had one room left. I held my breath, and looked into what looked a little like an Irish paradise. Yes, it's old fashion and very friendly. In fact, Leeanna (SP?)at the front desk, took an interest in finding my cousin. She was amazing, just like what I was told I would find in Ireland. The Irish Breakfast, just what my North Irish dad would have made. The style and layout of the restaurant and bar are incredible and so faithful the period the old coaching Inn would have been in business. I can see why locals depend on this establishment for parties, celebrations, and family events. You know, that upstairs room would be perfect for a wedding. Nothing like this is ever perfect, but to me, lost and looking for a good Irish experience, this place was PERFECT.

We are a retired couple in our 60s. Able to afford the higher end hotels, but historical places are special to us. By the way, we gave up that damned car, couldn't get the hang of driving in the bigger cities like Dublin and Belfast. Also, found my cousins, thank you.

Room Tip: I would say up front, I'd like a quiet room. We didn't have a choice but it certainly wasn...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandy c
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We hadn't booked but as it was a Friday night we were hopeful for a table we were pleasantly surprised the waiter asked us to wait at the bar & we would get the next table, 5 minutes later we were seated the food was generous in size & well presented & very tasty, highly recommend by my party will return again on our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banbridge
Belmont Hotel
#2 of 3 in Banbridge
Hilltop Lodge B&B
Hilltop Lodge B&B
#1 of 4 in Banbridge

Been to Downshire Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!