“Holiday By The Sea ;-)”

Cranfield Caravan Park
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kilkeel
Cranfield Caravan Park
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Kilkeel
northern ireland
“Holiday By The Sea ;-)”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Have now been going 2 Cranfield caravan park 10 yrs and it only gets better .Staff very helpful and friendly will go out of there way 2 help any time of day r night.On reading the last reveiw I think it was a bit harsh everywher has its problems .Ive just recently bought a static cause were so happy there and I no kids can run about without any hassle .I cant wait 2 go up again .. .

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank val40

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
banbridge
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Fancy a night away. Go to Premier Inn with your family. It is now cheaper than a caravan at Cranfield per night. It also has a quiet or money back policy not like Cranfield. It also has a free shower ensuite not like Cranfield which in 2012 it was £1 each for a not overally warm shower.
You don't have to spend thousands on a caravan and then site fees. All you have to do is go to Premier Inn and get a family room. You also have plenty of free parking facilities at Premier Inn not like Cranfield. Now that I think of it, I feel a real idiot for BUYING a caravan at thousands of pounds.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank BanbridgeBrian
Belfast
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I love cranfield I used to visit as a child and as a touring caravanner I took my caravan this season for the first. Facitilities are fantastic and clean all the time, outside shower for wetsuits and a stones throw from the beach. My only complaint is that you can't book and I have no understanding of why the site does this. I always ring before I leave home to be told there are spaces however in my hour long journey there this could easily change. It would help if they had a booking proceedure. Apart from this you have main sky water and waste beside each spot and my little family love it here. There's a shop onsite but handier for the touring vans to use the one in the site beside it which also has a restaurant shop chippy etc. Bit expensive don't think as a caravanner we should have to pay extra for an awning when you pay for a spot however most English sites do this. Go to cranfield and have a ball x

Room Tip: Go to the back row for peace and no awning panic in bad weather. Front row hard to get but amazing v...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa M
Portadown, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2012

i enjoyed cranfield for many years in a static when my children were small and was looking forward to it again in our new motorhome.i knew that in the touring park front row i would be overlooking the sea.
i dont leave the motorhome often due to illness so was really looking forward to being positioned there.i rang and asked to book but was told they didnt take bookingS even when i offered to pay for nights we wouldnt be there i was told they couldnt do that over phone.i explained the situation that i wanted front row and was told i could go on a list WHEN i got there.
as i dont drive and my husband wasnt going to be there to move when space come available i asked could someone move the motorhome for me and was told yes althought they wouldnt usually do this.i was really happy with the friendly manner i was being treated.so got motorhome parked and waited.
i was second on the list and knew that 2 tourers would b going together so when i saw them leaving i went to office to ask to be moved.the person was a bit confused but i explained the situation and she rang some1 to come. i went back to wait but on way saw 1 touring caravan already parked and another movin towards space so i went over to explain that i was 2nd on list but was told rudely that the girl in office had just give her the key for that site number.
i have to say its 1 of the funniest sights watchin someone running beside a touring caravan holding up a huge awning but am only laughin about it now.
i was really upset at the time and went bac to office and was told that someone would come and ask them to move but im STILL WAITING 3HRS LATER well 6hrs now lol.ive been back to office, and when my husband arrived he went to office.lets just say 10mins in cranfield is a very long time.i think the boss might be lost in this huge place.or it could be weathers very wild out there.
I may be very upset and my husband very angry but if some1 in charge had come and apologised it would have made a big difference,i know that those rude people are going nowhere (unless the crazy wind outside blows them away :D ) so to be honest i dont expect to move unless we move of site.
i did say if no1 turned up i would do this review so here i am.
i think any business needs good management and so far im not recieving the claims on there website it says

Cranfield Caravan Park is a well established family business owned by Jim and Sandra Chestnutt who with the help of their family are here to insure you receive the warmest of welcomes and the best attention while you holiday on their park.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm
I WILL COME BAC AND TELL YOU HOW LONG 10MINS TURNS OUT TO BE AND ABOUT THE BEST ATTENTION .......

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
18 Thank thefoxylady50
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Cranfield Caravan Park mid August 2011, it was not our first choice but the other sites in the area were full. We struggled to find the park and there were very few signposts to assist us. I had read the reviews re the park and was expecting it to be very noisy but it wasn't to bad, the traffic noise did go on late and the caravans are parked along side the main road which seems to attract some boy racers. The caravan section appears to be an after thought attached to a large mobile home park, the pitches are tiny, so small that we didn't bother putting up our awning because it would of been touching the neighbours caravan. Car parking also seemed to be a problem with not enough space at the pitches and very little additional parking space. The toilet block was clean, the ladies consisted to four toilets and two showers, these are locked at all times so you need to remember to bring your key. At approx 10pm a shutter is pulled down and locked so there is no access to the main toilets at night, there is a single toilet left open at night but I've no idea why they feel the need to lock the main toilets. The showers are 80p each and are not hot, in fact they are barely warm and do not last more than a few minutes. There is no shop on site but there is a small shop in one of the other mobile home parks nearby. This site might suit families with young children as it is very near the beach but I can't see it appealing to many others.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank SLCB2210
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Just a brill place!, everything clean and no noise considering we stayed for 5 nights, lovely weather and people ie management only 1 issue is that they need to fix the road coming in :-)

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank Kgonz
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We were due to spend 2 nights however after great crack and a BBQ with friends we were disgusted when we returned to the tent at the level of noise, swearing and rows that continued until past daylight. Our site was next to a small wall which it turned out had a main road on the other side! The cars were speeding up and down all night. I dread to think what would have happened if one had lost control. When we complained the next day no one wanted to know. We asked 4 a refund 4 the 2nd night as we were not staying to put our children through that again, but they would only give a credit note which we will never use! They said they have no control over the public road, surely therefore they should not be stupid enough to put tents beside it. They told us we should have phoned to complain however as this is a 'family site' we did not go to bed thinking 'where did I put that leaflet as I will need to complain in the middle of the night!!' Neither my husband or I were willing to get out and look for it with all the disturbances going on. I wouldn't recommend Cranfield to anyone! Score would be -100 but lowest I can give is 1!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
16 Thank kezza11186474
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilkeel
Donard Hotel
#3 of 8 in Rostrevor
St Patrick's Stream
St Patrick's Stream
#11 of 18 in Newcastle

Been to Cranfield Caravan Park? Share your experiences!