“lunch at a hideaway”

Cloud 9
Ranked #11 of 74 Restaurants in Newtownards
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We're loving it here at Cloud 9, the views are amazing and you can't help but relax the minute you walk through the door. We serve great coffee, food and sweet treats from 9-5 daily and you can catch a glimpse of the planes and helicopter while you relax. Call in and enjoy some craic with the staff and take in the amazing views. See ya all there soon!
belfast
“lunch at a hideaway”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Usesd to be a Chinese but is now a very nice little restaurant. Very pleasant inside with very pleasant staff. food very good and reasonably priced. Great place to call in for a chat or lunch. Lots of parking at old aerodrome carpark. can be missed from main road as it is poorly signed but its off the main Ards-Portaferry road at the flying club entrance.

1 Thank socoBelfast
John C, Manager at Cloud 9, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you, please visit us again!

Craigavon, United Kingdom
“Hit the Spot”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We arrived early for our flight so after checking in, we called in to Cloud Nine for a coffee.

After sitting down, looking around & smelling the food we decided to have a look at the menu. We ordered a couple of traditional fries, a couple of French toast with bacon & maple syrup & a pancake stack with bacon & maple syrup. All the breakfasts got a resounding thumbs-up. Ample portions so you will not leave hungry.

Service was first class, friendly & efficient.

Reasonably priced.

John C, Manager at Cloud 9, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you for your review we are glad you enjoyed your experience and we hope to see you again soon.
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Lovely St.Patricks day out”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We recently found out that you could get food at the flying club, so thought may as well give it a go when off for St.Paddys day. This is a great wee place, it was a bit busier than I would normally like, but I suppose thats always a good sign as if the food was horrible no one would be eating there and after all it was a holiday. Wife and me both had the special, Steak and Guinness pie with chips. What can I say, best pie I've ever had and extremely well priced, served by lovely staff.
This is the Newtownards best kept secret, and will be perfect for any of our biking friends heading this way in the summer months to Kirkistown for the racing or just touring the area, with loads of safe parking and interesting stuff happening around the airport(helicopters,planes etc flying in and out) this is surely the most 'biker friendly' eating house in the Ards Peninsular. I'll certainly be passing the word around, well done Cloud 9 and all the best for the future.

1 Thank Biker201
John C, Manager at Cloud 9, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
We are glad your enjoyed your day on St. Patrick's Day. This was a very busy beginning of the week for us, but we are only glad to be providing a good experience for you all.
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Excellent food excellent service”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I took my family to cloud nine yesterday for the first time and I will definitely be back. Food was excellent and so was the service. My two children are very fussy and the staff were brilliant at catering for them. The fact that you could watch the plane's take off was an added bonus as the kids loved it! Looking forward to returning :)

John C, Manager at Cloud 9, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for your kind review, we hope we can have your company again soon!
Millisle, United Kingdom
“Great value, good food and superb location.”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We went to cloud9 because we were looking somewhere away from the town center where we could have a quiet bite to eat. Cloud9 fitted the bill perfectly, tucked in off the Portaferry Road it was quiet and had a nice relaxing atmosphere. As soon as we walked in the door the staff introduced themselves and made every effort to make us as comfortable as possible. The menu had a great choice and there were also specials. I was taking my time to decide what I wanted and the chef in passing asked if he could do anything to help. He told me about some of the food I was considering and offered to make me something off menu. This was great and really above and beyond what I expect when I go to a cafe/restaurant. In the end I decided what I wanted and have to say I was not disappointed. The portions were large and the quality was above expectations. It really is rare to get proper home made hand cut chips these days. I will definitely be back. I also think it would be a perfect place to hire for events and really hope this is something the offer going forward.

John C, Manager at Cloud 9, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you very much for your positive feedback, we are pleased you enjoyed everything. The chef always does try to ensure that a good range of produce is available to customer (sometimes it is just a matter of asking if he can knock something together). Although we have not had many private functions so far, we can and will cater for any private function. We are also in the pre-planning stage of creating new summertime gourmet nights. Something to look out for. Again, thank you. We hope to see you again soon!

Many Thanks