“Overpriced and under provided for”
Review of Happy Town

Happy Town
Ranked #5 of 19 things to do in Newtownards
More attraction details
Owner description: New entertainment complex for children
Crossgar, null, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Overpriced and under provided for”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We booked a party for our daughter before we left the country. For the price we paid (over £10 per chld) I expextwd them to have a great time and be well monitored. Instead i found that we werw left to supervise 25 children ourselves. The girl on the desk was flutered and didnt seem to know we were arriving even though the party was booked long in advance. Food cheap and tastless. Music too loud - no doubt to drown out the noisw of the kids killing each other without any monitorung by staff. Child protection seema to have been forgotten here!

1 Thank Colino43

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Happy children at Happy Town”
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

What an amazing place! Fantastic facilities. Children are at the heart of Happy Town. Naughty Norris and Mayor Tumbledown are an amazing addition to the Haapy Town experience. My grand daughter had her party there on Saturday and everyone had a fabulous time, even my 82 year old mother! Fantastic food and great entertainment. I know some people have commented on noise, but really who expects children to be quiet. Surely noisy children are happy children! I was so pleased to see that Happy Town won an award, surely when a nationwide organisation says you're the best it must be true!

Belfast, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“not so happy”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

definitely not safe enough for under 4 years old, older children are allowed to run wild though the baby / toodler area. great big space for the older kids to go crazy though but wasnt to sure the staff where in control
we left early as it ended up a very stressfull day trying to watch the kids incase they got hurt, really do need to separate the area.s or at least monitor better , was totaly looked at with a blank expresion when we tried to explain this to the young girl at the desk?

Visited September 2012
2 Thank esther u
Hello Esther,

my name is Lauren and i am one of the Duty Manager's of Happy Town. Thank you for your feedback, we do like to read all reviews and see what areas we can improve on.

Since your visit we have now got a large sign in our baby area so both children and parents are aware of the age range for this particular area. As we need to make sure both babies and children get the best experience possible from a Happy Town visit.

Again thank you for your comment and we hope the next time you visit you will find this an improvement.
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not safe!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Entrance gate which is meant to lock until opened by an adult was easily opened by my 2yr old son who pushed it no problem at all while a member of staff watched him do it and walk out :-0 my husband was waiting at the front door I seen him so I didn't intervene though staff didn't know he was with us as he'd just arrived I was shocked this was not a concern and they didn't voice any concerns about this. A young member of staff also did not speak child friendly to my niece leaving her crying manager was a more than ignorant dismissing my complaint saying it didn't happen even though she was not present during the incident.
Food awful!
But after all this the thing that's shocked me the most is they've recently won some kind of award!!!

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Janice C
Hello Janice,

My name is Lauren and i am one of the Duty Managers of Happy Town. Thank you for your comment, we do read all comments and take all information on board, to see how we can improve our centre.

I was very concerned to hear that your son was able to push the door open, as we have a security door with a release button that only adults can reach. Since reading your comment i have relooked at this gate and checked the electrics to make sure something like this does not happen again.

I am also very sorry that your niece was upset and you left feeling both disappointed and let down by your Happy Town visit. As we would not wish this to be the case in any visit.

if you would like to discuss your visit more please feel free to contact me on Lauren@happytown.uk.com
belfast
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Poor staff!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I went to this place for the 2nd time and was very disappointed. My 8 month old baby got hurt despite me being right beside her on the floor. 10/11 year old kids in the toddler section, running up and down the slide and jumping in the ball pit on top of the babies. A real shame as the toddler area is amazing. I understand lazy parents don't want to discipline their kids but when I went to get our shoes to leave I was told there was no supervision for that area and nothing could be done. Asked for my money back which i never do and was told i had to speak to the manager for that Manager opened the till for a refund and walked straight back into the office ignoring me. Too big and crazy for pre school kids. My son likes it but too dangerous for babies and young toddlers.

2 Thank shakira84
Hello

Since your last visit we have now got a large sign in our baby area which clearly states that it is for babies only. As we understand how distressing this was when older children where in this section and weren't being supervised by parents.

I would like to apologise about the way a member of management dealt with your refund.

I hope that on your next visit to Happy Town you will notice the improvements.

If there is anything you would like to discuss with myself please do contact me on Lauren@happytown.uk.com