“Simply fabulous”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
down
“Simply fabulous”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Visited Katch 27 today as first time visitors. My husband and I were there with my parents and all I can say is we all enjoyed a "simply fabulous" scrummy, totally fresh and delicious Sunday lunch. Fantastic choice on menu, definitely something for everybody. Food was perfectly cooked and full of beautiful flavours. Staff were great too, very attentive and efficient - would highly recommend and definitely hope to visit again very soon. A real find!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank fishsupper

Belfast, United Kingdom
“katch 27”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

been to katch 27 a few times now with friends and enjoyed the food every time ,the staff are very good chatty, helpful and efficient the food has always been good ,lots of choice from land or sea and always beautifully presented and tasty , they are very good with special requests too and the byo policy is great !! ,i would reccomend booking at weekends as seating is limited (cosy ) but overall a great little restaurant and we will be back !!!

1 Thank john70210
belfast, northern ireland
“Good food shame about the wine!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Excellent service and very appealing food menu. Food was great but we were let down by the poor wine list. I object to spending inflated prices on Lidl wine!!!

• Visited May 2013
Leigh G, Owner at Katch 27, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Hi Puffingbill, I was delighted to read your review finding the food and service excellent and appealing during your recent visit, this is the two most important things we pride ourselves on.
Although fully licensed we also operate a BYO policy with a small corkage charge so hopefully on your next visit you can avail of this!
Cheers
Leigh
Comber, United Kingdom
“60th Birthday To Remember @ Katch 27”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

After hearing very good reports I decided to book a surprise meal for my mothers 60th birthday.We had the whole family down.When I first made the booking I happened to say to Davy the guy that took our booking that I was thinking of hiring a limo to collect everyone on the night,Davy happened to know a local guy that has a limo company and helped me with the booking of this Delighted!!The meal itself was of excellent quality, as a starter I would highly recommend the honey glazed bread rolls,they were immense!! The menu had an excellent range from chicken to steak and some beautiful fish dishes,so it caused quite a stir when we were all trying to choose our mains.The staff were very friendly and helpful, and were very knowledgeable on every dish that was on the menu which helped us on making our final decisions.I would definitely recommend Katch to anyone,in actual fact we are booking a meal this week at Katch as my friend is going travelling round Thailand for 8 months and I have no doubts that it will be another night to remember

1 Thank Gavc335
Northern Ireland
“A Great Katch!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had no idea a meal of such quality could be found in this small village on the shores of Strangford Lough. Katch 27 has an enviable reputation already as evidenced by the 'Taste of Ulster' award outside. Located on Main Street, Kircubbin, it is a haven for the hungry traveller! We enjoyed the most delicious Portavogie scampi with a distinctive salad dressing on the accompanying greens, and pan- fried sea bream from the specials board. Both meals had a good range of vegetables and the chips were really hot!It was hard to choose from the menu selection offered.The diners around us had quite a range of meals and were evidently enjoying their meals too. We loved the music! Very pleasant staff and owner is happy to chat about the cafe/restaurant concept of Katch 27. Although set out in cafe style by day , a major switch takes place for evening when a different entrance door is deployed and the menus become much more sophisticated. A definite 'return to'..not often I say this! A most enjoyable visit and a delicious meal at a very reasonable price. Parking is not an issue.

1 Thank NiborNorthernIreland