“Fishing for compliments!”
Review of Katch 27

Katch 27
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in Newtownards
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, European, British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Newtownards, United Kingdom
“Fishing for compliments!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We are just home from Katch 27 tonight and it was first class from start to finish. Thankfully we had prebooked a table in advance as it was a treat for a family birthday. All of our party (six adults and one child) enjoyed their visit. We were greeted upon arrival, shown to our table and given menus - simple enough task but some other places can't even manage this! The choices on the menu were great and we all changed our minds a couple of times.

When our meals arrived they were well presented, exactly as described and very generous servings - most importantly all of our food was absolutely delicious. We had taken a birthday cake with us, the young waitresses brought it out and sang happy birthday which was a very nice touch (especially when everyone in the restaurant joined in). Can't wait to visit Katch 27 again which will hopefully be very soon...

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Breakfast!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stopped here on a whim this morning and had the most delicious breakfast we've had in a long time. Love this little place!

• Visited October 2012
Co. Down, N. ireland
“Excellent as always”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Have tried Katch 27 on several different occasions and would highly recommend it. Our evening meal was top class, with the menu offering "something different" from other restaurants. The staff were very attentive without being over the top and there was a lot of emphasis put on the little details, which, whilst small, mean a lot to the customer. Having been delighted with our evening meal, we decided to go for breakfast and we were not disappointed. Well, what a breakfast. Plenty of tea, a beautifully cooked full fry and the cinnamon waffles were delicious. The staff, once again were great - always making sure there was plenty of hot tea to wash the breakfast down. All that was left for us to try was lunch. Once again, the service was excellent and the welcome very friendly with a good diverse menu to choose from. i cannot fault this little gem of a restaurant in any way which was why I was so surprised to see a very uncomplimentary review when I logged on but I suppose it is impossible to please all of the people all of the time. I can only reiterate that my husband and I have been more than pleased each time we have been. Would highly recommend.

1 Thank joytworld
Ireland
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Called for breakfast on a saturday morning with family. Too many small problems that would put me off going back. Lady that took order was brusque & off putting. Kids toast had to be sent back as was basically warmed bread, coffee was awful, really strong & undrinkable, Toast with slimmers breakfast had to be asked for, they forgot to bring it, scone & jam was ordered & took longer than the cooked breakfast. When it arrived they had toasted it - a clear first indication that it was stale - why would you toast a scone??!! It was a very poor experience altogether & due to waitress manner felt too intimidated to complain. On a plus side slimmers breakfast was very good, premises are nice & clean.

1 Thank DonnaKIreland
Leigh G, Owner at Katch 27, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hi Donna, I am sorry to read your comments on your trip for breakfast. Toast for anyone is totally unacceptable served as warm bread and it should have also been served with your slimming breakfast on your plate. Our coffee is of a high standard and yes unfortunately we did have a batch of beans that had to be returned to the supplier as the grind was too coarse, this could have been in use during your visit. Our scones are fresh daily and served toasted with jam & fresh cream, you should have been made aware of this by the waitress when ordering.
I am taking on board all what you have said and I will be looking into this in great detail, I will reassure you I will get to the bottom of this as brusque and off putting manner is not acceptable.
If you do feel you might give us another visit please ask for me so I can personally apologize for your disappointing breakfast. Leigh
Belfast, United Kingdom
“An Afternoon Delight”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

An Afternoon Delight

Dropped in one very wet and warm afternoon to this wonderful oasis. A matinee of tasty delights awaits the traveller seeking comfort from our summer weather. Hot muffin and a wonderful milkshake really did the trick for me. A quiet afternoon in Kircubbin meant that there was only myself and the waitress Lee in the bistro so I as treated to a mystical tale of what can only be described as the fantasy of local history.
In the words of Arnie, I will be back!

1 Thank HarryOliver