“Brilliant food at great price”
Review of Romas

Romas
Ranked #8 of 78 Restaurants in Newtownards
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This resataurant is excellent especially for families on Sunday where you can get a 4 course meal with lots of choice for £14.00. Very friendly staff and a good atmosphere and the foood is always great.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Called on a Saturday evening about 5.45pm (with no reservation) due to a friend's recommendation. Walked through the bar area to the resturant area at the back.
Fully booked...... but there was a table free if we wouldnt mind being "out" by 7pm. That was no problem as we wanted to eat and head on anyhow. the atmosphere was good and the waiter was lovely, so pleasant and professional in his manner and duties. He got us seated, took our drinks order and left us to choose from the menu. Big choice..... they also had a £20 steak deal on (any starter and steak dish for £20 - with a couple of exceptions!) AND a "specials" menu.
Although not much in the way of vegetarian dishes, the waiter made a few suggestions of adaptations of meat dishes. My "veggie" friend chose one of them.....georgeous and what portion sizes. I got their surf and turf" which was ribeye steak and scampi, which I am not joking..... it's been a long long time from I've tasted scampi as good. Amazing.
The same waiter who showed us to our seats, took our order and then checked with us during the meal if all was OK. Service excellent.
After we had finished our meal we decided against desserts as we couldnt even finish our mains! Would definately go back - this time for a plateful of scampi alone! :-) Look forward to it...... price was ok too. Well worth a visit to the middle of Newtownards to Romas!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Excellent food, excellent service great value for money and a nice environment to dine in 10/10. In the centre of newtownards we dined with friends here the main course was outstanding and i would recommend a desert from the menu.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Roma's is the only reason I would venture into Newtownards (well apart from the Eastern Tandoori). Great food, great atmosphere (especially in the large covered smoking area), great pints (and even Jagermeister on draught). Have had lunch upstairs a few times but mostly food and several pints downstairs with my colleagues on fridays. Service is great. Gavin always looks after us and I always end up with a hangover the next day. Sign of a good night out!!

1  Thank Ricky T
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I've been coming to Romas for years and to be honest the last year and a half or so it's gone down hill. Upstairs food is ok, I would only go on a Sunday for the lunch which is £12.95 for 4 courses, good value meal! Downstairs tho, I no it's only pub grub, but it used to be so much better. The LAST COUPLE OF TIMES I've went the chips were hard and not cooked and food was very bland. When I complained about the chips the first time they gave me another portion which were exactly the same! When I said to the manager at the end he just said 'no one else complained!' How rude. I've heard from several other people that they think the same, it's not how it used to be. Must be new cooks or management. Go for a Sunday lunch or a few drinks with friends, but pub grub, not really worth it.

1  Thank SIW123