“Great place”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great place”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We went for Saturday breakfast arriving about 9.30. Plenty of tables were available and we got a nice window table. Staff were efficient and attentive and orders were soon taken. I recommend the French Toast with maple syrup and bacon. Had filter coffee and staff regularly topped up our coffee. After a leisurely breakfast we left coming up on 11 by which time people were queuing for tables. Not the cheapest breakfast I've had but worth it.

• Visited January 2014

ballymena
“Hectic!”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Went to McKees for lunch, the restaurant was extremely busy & chaotic but was understandable considering the time of year. Staff were extremely rude & abrupt and made it very obvious they were irritated at the busyness! When paying I was asked if everything was ok & noted to the gentleman at the counter staff were obviously a bit under pressure & it showed in their manners, the man made little response to this and nicely dismissed what I had just said!!!! The quality of the service does not match the quality of the food! If you are prepared to overlook lack of customer service skills, the food is lovely!

2 Thank eyelook
Newtownards, United Kingdom
“Christmas Treat”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I went with my parents to McKees country store & restaurant on the Friday before Christmas & we had a wonderful evening. It's our 'local' & we have had many coffees & meals there before which are always enjoyable. We go every Christmas for a meal usually the Friday before the 'big day'. The restaurant was beautifully decorated with white tableclothes, the cutlery & glasses were sparkilling in the candle & soft lighting. The log fire was roaring up the chimney & the Christmas decorations were very tastefully done.
We were greated with a warm welcome by Linda McKee & given a lovely table near the fire. Once seated & given our menus we were served a lovely glass of warm non alcoholic punch - delicous on a chilly night. Dad had the trio of fish: salmon, smoked haddock & prawns, Mum & I choose well aged steak with pepper sauce. The meals arrived promptly & was accompanied with a good selection of fresh veg. The food was well cooked, & beautifully presented. We throughly enjoyed our meal. As usual the steak was £4.50 extra, but well worth it. We ended the meal with Christmas Pudding & custard for Dad, while Mum & I had the delicous Pavlova. Coffee was served with some lovely shortbread.
We had a wonderful night out & the service & welcome we received from the staff was very warm. What I love about McKees is that the food is local & the family who own it are supporting their own community as they buy from local suppliers. It is a fantastic restaurant & farm shop & one that we will be supporting for many years to come. Linda, Colin & their staff are very welcoming & will help you with whatever they can. It is a very professional & well managed local business. Good luch to all of the McKee family & their staff for 2014.
Don't take my word for it, go & treat yourself or your loved ones & see what I mean. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed. Carolyn

Bangor, Co Down
“Busy Restaurant with good service”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Fourteen in our party of Charity Shop Volunteers, plus Manager who treated us to Dinner at
McKees. Very good service, generous helpings, choice of three dishes in both main course
and dessert. Pavlova was really good. Tea/coffee and homemade shortbread rounded off
the meal very nicely. Top ups for beverages offered. Staff very pleasant.

Bangor County Down
“What a find!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Popped in here for a coffee and a snack on a dank dull winters day at a friends recommendation. We were so impressed with everything. Prompt ,efficient , friendly service. Great atmosphere and a pleasantly decorated eating space. Having sampled the great fresh food it was wonderful to be able to buy the gorgeous prime farm produce to take home. The gift shop was stuffed with all sorts of quality goods, from exotic foods to handbags Had I realised this place existed I would have done most of my Christmas shopping here because the items were so reasonably priced! Will be back again throughout the year and absolutely before Christmas next year!