“Prompt friendly service ”

Molly Brown's Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #6 of 88 Restaurants in Newtownards
Cuisines: Irish, British
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated in Newtownards Molly Brown's is a comfortable and welcoming local pub and restaurant providing quality drinks, food and entertainment.With outside dining and our Live Lounge available for private hire.
Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

We actually planned to go to a pizza restaurant on the square this evening. We arrived there and after 15 minutes decided that we would go to Molly Browns where we knew we would actually get served!
The waitresses in Molly Browns were very helpful and friendly. Our drinks arrived within minutes quickly followed by the starter.the special tonight included cream of mushroom and garlic soup, which was delicious. We ordered different main courses that arrived to the table together, just over 5 minutes after the starter dishes were collected. The portion sizes were just right for us - we have big appetites! I had the chilli and lime stuffed peppers- yum! We got the deal of starter and main course for £12.
The waitresses remained attentive throughout the evening.
I would definitely recommend Molly Browns for dinner.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (423)

Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

Menu changes and updates but food always good and whole some. Reasonably priced. Staff normally pretty quick and polite. Air con can be nice in warm weather but in cooler weather place can be chilly. Solid recommendation. Personally i like the hot stone steak , just the way i like it!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed July 8, 2019

We called for sunday lunch hubby and our little one year old. Food was lovely very hot and prompt. Children eat for free which is great, my little girl demolished her fish and chips. Only one complaint was i asked for chips with mine and came on a bed of mash. It was quickly sorted out no problem

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 25, 2019 via mobile

Last Sunday my other half and I went out for dinner. We hadn't booked so were seated in the bar which we didn't mind. The staff were all very pleasant. It was rather cold but the doors were closed and heating put on and it didn't take long to warm up.

They run great offers on a Sunday, I had wedges to start and the other half had soup both were lovely. He then had a Carvery and I had the chicken stack. Unfortunetly after a few spoonful of potatoes I found a hair! When someone approached I made them aware and they offered something else I obviously declined. There was no apology until he returned a second time to check everything was okay with the other meal (it takes a lot to put my other half off his food!) My starter and main were both taken off the bill and I received a 2nd apology before we left.

I would assume it was just an unlucky experience as we've been before and the foods been great. However we wouldn't return.

Date of visit: June 2019
TheHoratioGroup, Manager at Molly Brown's Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2019

Dear lasv18,
Again we apologise for this incident. It was, as you say, unfortunate, and isn't something that happens as a rule. Our procedures are robust and have earned us a five star accreditation (scores on the doors) which we have held for a number of years now, so believe me, we were as annoyed by this as you were.
Mistakes can happen, but it doesn't make them right, and we tried to do all that we could on the day to rectify the problem for you. Obviously though, despite your other positive visits in the past, it wasn't enough, which we also deeply regret.
Regards
Molly Brown's Management Team

Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

I’d booked for Sunday evening and it was a restricted menu? Why? The service was just ok as was the food. Would I recommend to friends? NO. Will we be back anytime soon? NO. Not like it used to be at all. Sad really.

Date of visit: June 2019

Hi,
Please forgive the delay in responding to this review. We were a bit confused by your comment, "it was a restricted menu", and, as you hadn't mentioned which Sunday you were in, we weren't sure how to answer as we can't recall having a restricted menu on a Sunday.
We do have a Sunday menu, which is different to our usual weekday menu. Might this be what you mean? Most, if not all restaurants would have a different Sunday menu because of the demand for roasts etc. and we also offer kids eat free on a Sunday, but we do think there is ample choice on the Sunday menu to suit all tastes.
Or perhaps you were in on a special Sunday such as Father's Day. On days like this we would put on a special menu as well as other things like additional entertainment or something special for the kids. Might this be what you mean?
In short, we're not sure what your comment about a restricted menu refers to, and we hope your comment on the food is a reflection of your impression of "restricted". We think we're as good as we ever were; it's the same kitchen team, same suppliers etc.
If this response has not answered your concern, please, do contact us directly.
Regards