“Great Food”
Review of Ramore

Ramore
Ranked #19 of 67 Restaurants in Portrush
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Went here after a drive up the coast and decided to call by the Ramore even though we knew it would be crowded. We were right about being crowded, but the waitress did advise us of the possible time for a table, but we knew it would be worth the wait. We went to the bar and ordered drinks and perused the menu, so many delicious meals on offer from vegetarian, fish, lamb, beef and chicken etc'. Decided on the bread to share, followed by chilli beef in a pitta bread, bang bang chicken with a portion of rough cut fries. It was certainly worth the 40 minute wait time. The staff were very attentive and ever so friendly, the wine was reasonably priced as was the food.
Yes there is a drawback if you like, you have to ordered and pay for your food at the bar and the tables are a little cramped, but for a restaurant like this, we believe it is a small price to pay :-)

2  Thank letaylors03
Write a ReviewReviews (1,752)

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Having eaten in Ramore before I was aware that there would be a wait so I prepared my friends for it before arriving! When we got there after a long day surfing, we were told that the wait would be an hour and three quarters but I convinced my friends that it was worth the wait. We then went down the road for a drink to the Harbour Bar where they would announce that our table would be ready. We waited the full time and sure enough we got the call. The rest of the evening went off without any delay and the food was exemplary and desserts were out of this world in terms of portion size and variety! There was definitely no room for anything else that night so we retired home to our B&B happy campers! Would go there every weekend if I didn't live so far away!

1  Thank SurfCol
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My first time eating here, tables a bit close, bench type seating, ordered meal at counter and delivery was quick. My scampi and garlic saute' potatoes weren't great and expected better but desserts were a big improvement, great choice with one plenty between two.
If you want a lively spot without the frills then give it a go but if you prefer a waiter service and a quieter environment then look elsewhere.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Went with my daughter & 3 kids under 2yrs of age to be told we weren't allowed prams. The youngest baby was asleep & we wer told we had to leave prams outside. We had already walked a mile 4 the 2nd time as it wasn't open until 5-00pm. We wer all Hungry & tired & wer not AT ALL HAPPY. SO greedy the tables are crammed in on top of other. WILL NEVER BACK THERE AGAIN. BYE BYE

2  Thank Anne Marie H
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went here a couple of weeks and it was horrendous to say the least!!

The restaurant was very cramped with table too close to each other and there was very little room on the table to have you main meals served on.. I didn't like having to go up and order at the bar, it is not what i expected in a restaurant of this alleged calibre! This is bizzare as they have so many waiting staff.

We ordered our starters which were ok, but then before we were finished they came down with our mains, they passed my partner his plate which was so hot that he actually burnt his fingers. When he complained to the reception staff they were uninterested!

As soon as we were finished our main course we left and would not return again.